IESA State Series 2010

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
the return of AHAN
Auron

IESA State Series 2010

Post by the return of AHAN »

ITT I soft-sell my team as being worthy of a seed this year...
In his IESA.org season commentary box, Jeff Price wrote:We're off to a good start, but, in all candor, we're not as strong and deep as we were last year. Over half of the roster is 6th graders and our would-be top returning player left the school. The win over Springfield Franklin might look good, but they were missing their top two players. The Barrington tournament used non-IESA scoring rules (ACF format uses 30-point bonuses & no slaughter rule), thus the reason for scores exceeding 301. Additionally, the questions from our tournament were written by a consortium of collegiate and high school quiz bowl players and NOT by Questions Galore. There were no home ec, industrial arts, or agriculture questions, no computational math toss-ups, and more academic knowledge questions. Therefore, I doubt our decent performance is indicative of how we'll fare in the IESA State Series.
Attachments
screenshot2010iesaentry.pdf
IESA.org screenshot
(53.01 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
Jeff Price
Barrington High School Coach (2021 & 2023 HSNCT Champions, 2023 PACE Champions, 2023 Illinois Masonic Bowl Class 3A State Champions)
Barrington Station Middle School Coach (2013 MSNCT Champions, 2013 & 2017 Illinois Class AA State Champions)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the return of AHAN
Auron

Help seed the IESA State Series 2010!

I've created a link to the pdf of the seeding page. For those of you in the IHSA, your association could take a lesson from the IESA with regards to seeding. Having participated in both processes, the IHSA's is far more cumbersome. Check out the form here and post how you'd rank the top 8 seeds, based on these records. Editorial comments on people's inability to accurately report info are encouraged.

Moreover, it seems the IESA has bounced Mundelein Fremont from the state series for failure to report a record or even log-in. Good. They stiffed us on the Regionals last year, calling an hour before the match to say they wouldn't be there. The IESA's subsequent fine didn't deter them from entering again, but this year the association seems to have taken a harder line with teams that can't be bothered to do what's asked of them. I notice a few of the sectional lists are shorter than what they were a few days ago.

EDIT: To clarify I'm soliciting input on how to rank these teams, with the understanding that most matches shown were on QG, as is the State Series.
Last edited by the return of AHAN on Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff Price
Barrington High School Coach (2021 & 2023 HSNCT Champions, 2023 PACE Champions, 2023 Illinois Masonic Bowl Class 3A State Champions)
Barrington Station Middle School Coach (2013 MSNCT Champions, 2013 & 2017 Illinois Class AA State Champions)
Stained Diviner
Auron

Re: IESA State Series 2010

Post by Stained Diviner »

The IHSA may be moving in the direction of virtual meetings or just posting and voting. I think they are trying it with some sports and deciding whether or not they like it.
David Reinstein
Head Writer and Editor for Scobol Solo, Masonics, and IESA; TD for Scobol Solo and Reinstein Varsity; IHSSBCA Board Member; IHSSBCA Chair (2004-2014); PACE President (2016-2018)
the return of AHAN
Auron

IESA Seeds and regional pools are up....
http://www.iesa.org/activities/scb/assi ... 0&Class=AA

Personally, I'm a huge fan of Class AA Regional 1, with it's 4 teams' aggregate record of 45-15. :mad: :aaa:

EDIT: Oh, and I'm teh fail at the soft-sell, apparently.
Jeff Price
Stephen Colbert
Wakka

Post by Stephen Colbert »

Wow, that sucks. I don't really know much about Hawthorn North/South, but based on the results of the Barrington Invitational, Carl Sandburg is no pushover (especially with the unpredictable nature of QG). Even if you had been successful with the soft-sell, I have a feeling the makeup of this regional would still probably be dictated primarily by geography. Nonetheless, this regional will probably be harder than any other sectional in the state...except of course for the sectional you get to look forward to upon successfully surviving the regional of death.
Nathan Hollinsaid
Coach, St. Anthony Streator (2004-2007)
IHSSBCA Performance & Test-Certified Moderator
the return of AHAN
Auron

And in IESA Board of Directors Meeting news...
Spring Meeting minutes... Division Reports wrote:Division G: Mr. Bunting led a discussion of math competition as a potential emerging state series activity.
Thoughts on the implications of this development as it pertains to scholastic bowl?
Jeff Price
Stained Diviner
Auron

First, IESA probably will discover that ICTM already runs a better math contest than anything IESA could put together and abandon the idea. Second, even if they do, the Scholastic Bowl Advisory Committee probably will decide to keep computational math in Scholastic Bowl. (Disclaimer: I will have nothing to do with any of these decisions.)
David Reinstein
Head Writer and Editor for Scobol Solo, Masonics, and IESA; TD for Scobol Solo and Reinstein Varsity; IHSSBCA Board Member; IHSSBCA Chair (2004-2014); PACE President (2016-2018)
jonah
Auron

Post by jonah »

Westwon wrote:First, IESA probably will discover that ICTM already runs a better math contest than anything IESA could put together and abandon the idea.
This is why the IHSA stopped sponsoring a State Series in Scholastic Bowl. There were about 15 tournaments in Illinois, not to mention two nationals, that were better than anything they could put together, so what was the point?

Wait a second...
Jonah Greenthal
National Academic Quiz Tournaments
Boeing X-20, Please!
Rikku

Post by Boeing X-20, Please! »

jonah wrote:
Westwon wrote:First, IESA probably will discover that ICTM already runs a better math contest than anything IESA could put together and abandon the idea.
This is why the IHSA stopped sponsoring a State Series in Scholastic Bowl. There were about 15 tournaments in Illinois, not to mention two nationals, that were better than anything they could put together, so what was the point?
That were all formed after IHSA formed its Scholastic Bowl State Series. ICTM's math contest is always what people in Illinois have done for math competitions other than scholastic bowl, and after all: tradition
Nolan Winkler
Loyola Academy '12
UChicago '16
Irreligion in Bangladesh
Auron

Post by Irreligion in Bangladesh »

Utahraptor wrote:
jonah wrote:
That were all formed after IHSA formed its Scholastic Bowl State Series. ICTM's math contest is always what people in Illinois have done for math competitions other than scholastic bowl, and after all: tradition
They were not all formed after IHSA - Winnebago's is a good quizbowl tournament that predates IHSA SB. Plus, at the middle school level, there's Mathcounts as well. Plenty of room for a third!
Brad Fischer
Head Editor, IHSA State Series
IHSSBCA Chair

Winnebago HS ('06)
Northern Illinois University ('10)
Assistant Coach, IMSA (2010-12)
Coach, Keith Country Day School (2012-16)
Stephen Colbert
Wakka

Why must the IESA and/or IHSA always be involved just because an activity exists? There are already a lot of good national, state, and local math competitions at the middle school level. The IESA will farm out the writing to the lowest bidder, ensuring the crappiest test possible. Then, all IESA member schools will be coerced to field a team and bylaws will exist to prevent students from participating in math competitions not sanctioned by the IESA. My gut tells me nothing will come of this idea, but I would've said the same thing about boy's volleyball and bass fishing. Anything is possible from an organization that legislates "items that may be color specific for initiative/awareness" including "socks, shoelaces, shooting shirts and shoes", but only if "uniform in color for all team members".
Nathan Hollinsaid
kayli
Auron

Post by kayli »

Time to form a collaborative math tournament.
Kay, Chicago.
Stained Diviner
Auron

jonah wrote:

Wait a second...
As I said before, people will put up with crappy Scholastic Bowl a lot more than they will put up with crappy Math Contests.
David Reinstein
the return of AHAN
Auron

OK, so I have retained my moderators (Tom Egan & MIke Laudermith) for our pool of death regional (Class AA regional #1)... Yet they don't have their questions as my AP didn't realize the need to get me the packets such that I could send them out immediately. :monocle:

On the plus side, I've learned that the IESA has already hired the moderators for our sectional and has sent the packets to Mssr. Laudermith & Palmer. One of those two wrote to me:
I received the Sectional questions on Friday and I'm not done yet cataloging the hoses, typos, errors, and alternate answers.
:aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa:
Jeff Price
Stephen Colbert
Wakka

I received the sectional questions at least a week ago. Unfortunately, I've been assigned to a sectional without a host. I predict an insanely long drive to either Palatine, Sterling, or Rockford during which I'll spend more money on gas than the IESA will pay me to moderate.
Nathan Hollinsaid
the return of AHAN
Auron

Stephen Colbert wrote:I received the sectional questions at least a week ago. Unfortunately, I've been assigned to a sectional without a host. I predict an insanely long drive to either Palatine, Sterling, or Rockford during which I'll spend more money on gas than the IESA will pay me to moderate.
Ugh. Quest is good. I'd call them > 50/50 to win their regional, and their coach may put in to host if they win Wednesday.
Jeff Price
the return of AHAN
Auron

Regional champions are slowly getting posted in the brackets menu of the the IESA web site...
http://www.iesa.org/activities/scb/brac ... ?Year=2010

As for our own regional, my concerns regarding our difficult regional were realized as our 4-team regional turned into a circle of death between the three ranked teams. In the tiebreakers, Hawthorn South won their two, three-TU matches to advance to next Monday's sectional championship to play Lake in the Hills Marlowe (#3 seed who defeated #6 Sycamore), Buffalo Grove Aptakisic (unseeded team who defeated unseeded Lake Zurich South in regional 4), and, presumably, Daniel Wright (the #2 seed who faced no one with a seed today).
Jeff Price
Stephen Colbert
Wakka

Ottawa St. Columba won its own regional over Peru Catholic (218-86). None of the teams I read for were particularly strong, though St. Columba had some impressive buzzes in the championship match. I can't really figure out the decision-making of Peru Catholic's coach. After jumping out to an early lead thanks to four tossups converted by the same player, the coach called time-out, inexplicably subbed that player out, and didn't put her back in for the remainder of the match. I'm assuming she must have plans next Monday that are much more important than advancing to sectionals.

I don't know that it would have made a difference for Barrington Station, but are tiebreakers consisting only of 3 tossups/bonuses vastly superior to using a statistic like PPG? I mean, if the IESA improperly breaks a two-way tie based on head-to-head results, why the mini-matches for a three-way tie?

Finally, six-line tossups are just as crappy as quick-recall when they contain any of the following: entirely ambiguous lead-ins, giveaways in the first line, major hose-age, or some combination of the three. This has a pretty significant negative impact on good quizbowl, as most inexperienced teams associate these poorly-written tossups with pyramidal tossups because of their length, and then incorrectly conclude that all pyramidal tossups suck. Thanks QG!
Nathan Hollinsaid
the return of AHAN
Auron

Toss-Up answer spaces answered in our round 2 loss...

Hawthorn North
George Gershwin
pulley
54 sq. inches
Thurgood Marshall
IBM
savanna
x = 1/2 and -2
adrenaline
Adler Planetarium
Scranton

Barrington Station
mucus
plagiarism
Kentucky
gumbo
interrogative
incadescent light bulbs
Roy Lichtenstein
Alexander Hamilton
Peter Pan

Dead answers
leading term
Freedmen's Bureau
orienteering
conjunctive adverbs
Jeff Price
Dan-Don
Yuna

Post by Dan-Don »

I'm sure the questions themselves were terrible, but some of this answer space isn't completely atrocious.
Dan Donohue, Saint Viator ('10), Northwestern ('14), NAQT
the return of AHAN
Auron

Dan-Don wrote:I'm sure the questions themselves were terrible, but some of this answer space isn't completely atrocious.
Therein lies the issue. QG made some attempts at pyramidality, but there were some hoses and misleading or ambiguous lead-ins. A couple of funky bonuses still messed with the conversions (double-bageled bonuses really should be avoided) and that gets amplified when the teams are nearly even on TU conversion. All in all, I'd call it progress, but, as Nathan pointed out, a 6-line toss-up that doesn't ask a question until the end will turn some people off of good questions. But I don't want this to turn into some sort of pity party for my team; we made mistakes that weren't QG's fault (one of my best 8th graders had a 4:1 ratio of bad negs to 10s, where I defne a bad neg as one rebounded by the other team!) and Hawthorn North AND Hawthorn South were certainly deserving teams, and I'm hopeful of getting their coaches to begin attending more than just conference events.
Jeff Price
the return of AHAN
Auron

There will be a new champion of IESA Scholastic bowl in Class AA, as Jacksonville Turner, the Class AA champs of 2003, claimed the Macomb Sectional. In other interesting news, after years in the wilderness, O'Fallon is back in the state finals for the first time since 1998, when their only Middle school was Marie Schaeffer JHS. This intrigues me as I thought Springfield Franklin would be the one to come out of that sectional (despite their #3 seed), and O'Fallon was UNSEEDED.

To recap the state finalists:
Class A
Ottawa Wallace (#1)
Lostant (#3)
Peoria Academy (#2)
Normal Metcalf (#1)
Paris Crestwood (#1)
Aviston (#1)
Bushnell-Prairie City (#1)
Beecher City (#5)

Class AA
Wilmington (#1)
Lincolnshire Daniel Wright (#2; what can I say? I TRIED to tell people we weren't #1)
Dunlap Valley MS (#5)
Jacksonville Turner (#5)
Champaign Franklin (#3)
O'Fallon Fulton (unseeded)
Charleston (#1)
New Lenox Liberty (#1)
Last edited by the return of AHAN on Tue May 04, 2010 9:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jeff Price
Stephen Colbert
Wakka

You can add Bushnell-Prairie city to the Class A list & Charleston to the Class AA list.
Nathan Hollinsaid
the return of AHAN
Auron

Added. How'd your own sectional go?
Jeff Price
Stephen Colbert
Wakka

Moving Day wrote:Added. How'd your own sectional go?
See your liveblog.
Nathan Hollinsaid
the return of AHAN
Auron

New Lenox Liberty won the Bolingbrook sectional, reportedly dominating in both matches against Willowbrook Westview Hills and Mokena. Notice the exclusion of River Forest Roosevelt... Apparently, they DUMPED out of sectionals due to a national science bowl trip to D.C. :shock: The host was pretty unhappy with them for that. I wonder if any of their regional opponents would've been willing to play in their place. Is there any precedent for this? We hear about teams failing to show for regionals (and getting financially penalized accordingly), but I've never heard of a team failing to show up for sectionals.

EDIT: Gave specifics about the school trip...
Jeff Price
the return of AHAN
Auron

HEY! They finally got scores posted from the sectional matches. You can see them all here.
Daniel Wright is the only school involved that managed to slaughter all 3 sectional opponents. I'm going out on a limb and calling them the favorites. Also, I learned that Champaign Franklin advanced out of a circle of death tiebreaker, while Springfield Franklin TIED O'Fallon Fulton on the finall TU of their round 2 match, forcing tiebreaker toss-ups wherein the first team to get two correct wins the match. That turned out to be for the sectional championship.
Jeff Price
Stephen Colbert
Wakka

Class A Predictions

Pool A

Normal Metcalf (2-1)*
Peoria Academy (2-1)
Lostant (1-2)
Aviston (1-2)

Pool B

Ottawa Wallace (3-0)
Paris Crestwood (2-1)
Bushnell-Prairie City (1-2)
Beecher City (0-3)

1. Normal Metcalf
2. Ottawa Wallace
3. Peoria Academy
4. Paris Crestwood

Dark Horse: Lostant

Class AA Predictions

Pool A

New Lenox Liberty (3-0)
Charleston (2-1)
Champaign Franklin (1-2)
Wilmington (0-3)

Pool B

Lincolnshire Daniel Wright (3-0)
O’Fallon Fulton (1-2)**
Jacksonville Turner (1-2)
Dunlap Valley (1-2)

1. Lincolnshire Daniel Wright
2. New Lenox Liberty
3. Charleston
4. O’Fallon Fulton

Dark Horse: Jacksonville Turner

*advances by head-to-head victory
**advances by tie-breaker
Nathan Hollinsaid
the return of AHAN
Auron

IESA Press Release
IESA wrote:Class A Tournament
Unbeatens Paris Crestwood (33-0) and Bushnell-Prairie City (15-0) are in Pool B and will face each other in the first match of the round-robin at 3:30 p.m. Joining them in Pool B are Beecher City (14-5) and Ottawa Wallace (27-5). Paris Crestwood placed third last year.
The other team returning from last year's Class A tournament is Aviston (37-4) in Pool A. Also in Pool A are Lostant (23-3), Peoria Academy (16-1) and Normal Metcalf (11-1).
This disappoints me. Mr. Basolo reports a record that clearly doesn’t include his team’s record against…. well, MOST of his team’s games, excluding all tournaments. Is this to not draw attention to how much his team plays or does he really regard the results of all tournaments, including his own, as illegitimate?
Five of the 8 finalists were seeded first in their respective sectional. The three that were not seeded first in the sectional were Lostant (No. 3), Peoria Academy (No. 2) and Beecher City (No. 5).
Making their first appearances at the state final are Beecher City, Bushnell-Prairie City, Lostant and Ottawa Wallace.
Normal Metcalf is making its seventh trip to the state final and is seeking its third state championship. Normal Metcalf has a 15-6 record in Class A state tournament competition. In 1999 Normal Metcalf competed in the state final for the first time and did not advance from pool play. Since then the Wildcats have finished first twice (2001 and 2006), second once (2007) and fourth twice (2002 and 2004).
Paris Crestwood is making its fifth trip to the state tournament, is 8-6 all-time in state final matches, took second in 2005 along with third in 2009, and the Eagles' roster is composed of all eighth graders. Aviston (1-2 in the state final) and Peoria Academy (0-3) are each making their second state final appearance.
On the rosters of the eight finalists there are 7 fifth graders, 14 sixth graders, 35 seventh graders and 46 eighth graders. Lostant's roster includes 4 fifth graders, 2 sixth graders, 3 seventh graders and 5 eighth graders. Peoria Academy has 3 fifth graders, 3 sixth graders, 4 seventh graders and 5 eighth graders on its roster. Beecher City has 5 seventh graders and 2 eighth graders on its roster.
In IESA competition, school enrollments are determined by the students in seventh and eighth grade. Class A is the smallest class. Enrollments of the eight finalists are: Lostant 22, Peoria Academy 52, Aviston 67, Beecher City 72, Ottawa Wallace 79, Normal Metcalf 97, Paris Crestwood 107 and Bushnell-Prairie City 121.
Following are the Class A Tournament pairings:
Pool A
3:30 p.m. - Normal Metcalf vs. Lostant; Aviston vs. Peoria Academy
4:30 p.m. - Normal Metcalf vs. Aviston; Lostant vs. Peoria Academy
5:30 p.m. - Normal Metcalf vs. Peoria Academy; Lostant vs. Aviston

Pool B
3:30 p.m. - Beecher City vs. Ottawa Wallace; Bushnell-Prairie City vs. Paris Crestwood
4:30 p.m. - Beecher City vs. Bushnell-Prairie City; Ottawa Wallace vs. Paris Crestwood
5:30 p.m. - Beecher City vs. Paris Crestwood; Ottawa Wallace vs. Bushnell-Prairie City

7:30 p.m. - Pool A runner-up vs. Pool B runner-up (third place)
7:30 p.m. - Pool A winner vs. Pool B winner (championship)
For Pool A in Class A, I’ll go with:
Metcalf (3-0)
Aviston (2-1)
Peoria Academy (1-2)
Lostant (0-3)

For Pool B, give me:
Ottawa Wallace (3-0)
Paris Crestwood (2-1)
Bushnell-Prairie City (1-2)
Beecher City (0-3)

Championship Match:
Metcalf 231, Ottawa Wallace 129
3rd Place game:
Paris Crestwood 305, Aviston 108

my darkhorse in this bunch will be Peoria Academy...
Class AA
Perennial powerhouse Lincolnshire Daniel Wright (27-3) is making its seventh straight trip to the State Tournament, extending its record for consecutive all-time and Class AA appearances. The Trojans are in Pool B and the three losses on their record are one more than the combined losses of the other three teams in Pool B: Wilmington (22-0), Charleston (29-1) and Champaign Franklin (16-1). Lincolnshire Daniel Wright beat Charleston in last year's third place match.
This tickles me. It makes it sound like Daniel Wright is SOOO up against it this year. Whatever. I seriously doubt anyone played as tough a schedule as Daniel Wright did, never mind that two of those 'A' team losses are a direct consequence of her conference counting what should be "B" team matches as 'A' games, forcing the schools to make two "even" teams. :roll:
The Pool A teams are Jacksonville Turner (28-5), New Lenox Liberty (23-6), O'Fallon Fulton (14-3) and Dunlap Valley MS (13-3).
Only three of the 8 finalists were seeded No. 1 in their respective sectional. They were New Lenox Liberty, Wilmington and Charleston. Lincolnshire Daniel Wright was the No. 2 seed, Champaign Franklin the No. 3 seed, and Dunlap Valley MS along with Jacksonville Turner the No. 5 seed. O'Fallon Fulton was not among the eight seeded teams in the Rochester Sectional. The Panthers beat No. 1 seed Edwardsville Liberty 208-187 to win the regional.
Lincolnshire Daniel Wright took third in 2004 and 2009, second in 2005 and 2008 and first in 2006 and 2007. The Trojans have won 20 of 24 Class AA state final matches, and have never finished below third place at the state tournament.
Charleston is appearing for the sixth time, taking fourth place in each of its last two appearances, and is 6-11 in state tournament matches. Jacksonville Turner is making its fourth trip to the state final and has a 3-6 record in it. New Lenox Liberty's only other appearance was in 2008 when the Patriots placed fourth and went 2-2 in the tournament.
The schools making their first appearance in the state final are Champaign Franklin, Dunlap Valley MS, O'Fallon Fulton and Wilmington.
Of the 110 students listed on the rosters of the finalists, 10 are sixth graders, 43 are seventh graders and 57 are eighth graders. Three of the schools have a sixth grader on the roster: Champaign Franklin (5), Lincolnshire Daniel Wright (1) and O'Fallon Fulton (4). Wilmington's roster of 10 consists of 7 seventh graders and 3 eighth graders.
In IESA competition, school enrollments are determined by the students in seventh and eighth grade. Class AA is the largest class. Enrollments of the eight finalists are: Wilmington 237, Dunlap Valley MS 248, Champaign Franklin 360, O'Fallon Fulton 361, Lincolnshire Daniel Wright 403, Charleston 412, Jacksonville Turner 536 and New Lenox Liberty 671.
Following are the Class AA Tournament pairings:
Pool A
3:30 p.m. - O'Fallon Fulton vs. New Lenox Liberty; Jacksonville Turner vs. Dunlap Valley MS
4:30 p.m. - O'Fallon Fulton vs. Jacksonville Turner; New Lenox Liberty vs. Dunlap Valley MS
5:30 p.m. - O'Fallon Fulton vs. Dunlap Valley MS; New Lenox Liberty vs. Jacksonville Turner

Pool B
3:30 p.m. - Charleston vs. Champaign Franklin; Lincolnshire Daniel Wright vs. Wilmington
4:30 p.m. - Charleston vs. Lincolnshire Daniel Wright; Champaign Franklin vs. Wilmington
5:30 p.m. - Charleston vs. Wilmington; Champaign Franklin vs. Lincolnshire Daniel Wright

7:30 p.m. - Pool A runner-up vs. Pool B runner-up (third place)
7:30 p.m. - Pool A winner vs. Pool B winner (championship)
OK, in Pool A, give me:

Dunlap Valley (3-0)
New Lenox Liberty (2-1) [I want to pick Liberty, but I think they’ll be freaked out at how similar DVMS is to Daniel Wright, right down to demographics and uniform shirts]
O’Fallon Fulton (1-2)
Jacksonville Turner (0-3)

In Pool B, I’ll take:
Lincolnshire Daniel Wright (3-0) shocking, I know
Champaign Franklin (2-1)
Charleston (1-2)
Wilmington (0-3)

In the final, call it:
Daniel Wright 289, Dunlap Valley 233

In the 3rd place match,
New Lenox Liberty 261, Champaign Franklin 158

My darkhorse of the bunch would have to be O'Fallon Fulton....
Jeff Price
Stephen Colbert
Wakka

Class A Results

Round One

Pool A

Metcalf 303
Lostant 205

Peoria Academy 275
Aviston 102

Ottawa Wallace 172
Beecher City 91

Paris Crestwood 222
Bushnell-Prairie City 151

Class AA Results

Round One

Pool A

New Lenox Liberty 300
O'Fallon Fulton 97

Dunlap Valley 270
Jacksonville Turner 166

Pool B

Charleston 280
Champaign Franklin 150

Lincolnshire Daniel Wright 315
Wilmington 96
Nathan Hollinsaid
Stephen Colbert
Wakka

Class A Results

Round Two

Pool A

Metcalf 298
Aviston 199

Peoria Academy 253
Lostant 203

Pool B

Beecher City 209
Bushnell-Prairie City 203

Paris Crestwood 248
Ottawa Wallace 196

Class AA Results

Round Two

Pool A

O'Fallon Fulton 267
Jacksonville Turner 219

Dunlap Valley 283
New Lenox Liberty 200

Pool B

Lincolnshire Daniel Wright 304
Charleston 90

Champaign Franklin 312
Wilmington 135
Nathan Hollinsaid
Stephen Colbert
Wakka

Class A Results

Round 3

Pool A

Metcalf 303
Peoria Academy 183

Lostant 252
Aviston 183

Pool B

Paris Crestwood 286
Beecher City 87

Ottawa Wallace 185
Bushnell-Prairie City 117

Class AA Results

Pool A

Dunlap Valley 271
O'Fallon Fulton 197

Jacksonville Turner 220
New Lenox Liberty 173

Pool B

Charleston 283
Wilmington 195

Lincolnshire Daniel Wright 290
Champaign Franklin 224
Nathan Hollinsaid
Stephen Colbert
Wakka

Class A Win/Loss (after 3 rounds)

Pool A
Normal Metcalf 3-0
Peoria Academy 2-1
Lostant 1-2
Aviston 0-3

Pool B
Paris Crestwood 3-0
Ottawa Wallace 2-1
Beecher City 1-2
Bushnell-Prairie 0-3

Championship Match: Metcalf v. Paris Crestwood
Third Place Match: Peoria Academy v. Ottawa Wallace

Class AA Win/Loss (after 3 rounds)

Pool A
Dunlap Valley MS 3-0
O'Fallon Fulton 1-2 (561 total points)
Jacksonville Turner 1-2 (605 total points)
New Lenox Liberty 1-2 (673 total points)*

Pool B
Daniel Wright 3-0
Charleston 2-1
Champaign Franklin 1-2
Wilmington 0-3

Championship Match: Lincolnshire Daniel Wright v. Dunlap Valley MS
Third Place Match: Charleston v. New Lenox Liberty

*(I believe the tiebreaker for runner-up in a pool is total points)
Nathan Hollinsaid
Stephen Colbert
Wakka

IESA State Final Results

Class A
Championship Match: Normal Metcalf 265, Paris Crestwood 146
Third Place Match: Peoria Academy 229, Ottawa Wallace 225

Class AA
Championship Match: Lincolnshire Daniel Wright 312, v. Dunlap Valley MS 150
Third Place Match: New Lenox Liberty 289, Charleston 207
Nathan Hollinsaid
the return of AHAN
Auron

Congratulations to Barrington Invitational Tournament participants Daniel Wright, Metcalf, and New Lenox Liberty for taking home both IESA State Championship trophies, as well as the 3rd place one in Class AA! Way to go Mr. Basolo, Ms. Beck, and Ms. Ferree!
:dance: :dance: :party: :party:
Jeff Price