Chicago Open matchmaking thread

Old college threads.
Charbroil
Auron

Re: Chicago Open matchmaking thread

Post by Charbroil »

I just registered a team of three players, so we'll need at least one free agent, possibly two if one of our players drops.
Charles Hang
Francis Howell Central '09
St. Charles Community College '14
Washington University in St. Louis '19, 2x (President, 2017-19)

Owner, Olympia Academic Competition Questions, LLC
Question Writer, National Academic Quiz Tournaments, LLC and National History Bee and Bowl
Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN)
Chairman of Anti-Music Mafia Committee

Post by Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN) »

The first person who posts in here saying they will be willing to write our science will get our last spot. Right now nobody on our team has a prayer of even producing those questions. If you also aren't going to CO and just want to donate some science questions you have sitting around, we'll take those too. Email me at [email protected].
Charlie Dees, North Kansas City HS '08
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White
Terrible Shorts Depot
Yuna

Post by Terrible Shorts Depot »

S.P.A.C.E. wrote:Charlie Rosenthal and I both still want to play, but we've decided to dissolve ourselves in some combination to shorthanded teams. Neither of us have much preference for where we go, so if you're interested in having us play for you, let us know.
I have, unless I was sorely misinformed, joined the Gehring/Seal/Liu team.
Charlie Rosenthal
Shady Side Academy '09
Carleton College '13
University of Pennsylvania '18
Charbroil
Auron

Post by Charbroil »

Just wanted to mention that we're definitely looking for someone with science and/or music knowledge who would like to help us write something like 3/3 science & 1/1 music. In fact, if said person does that, I think we'd be fine with taking the remaining 2/2 that person would normally have to write out of sheer gratitude.
Charles Hang

Question Writer, National Academic Quiz Tournaments, LLC and National History Bee and Bowl
Sargon
Lulu

Post by Sargon »

I am late getting on this but I am interested in playing and looking for a team if there are any with open slots still remaining.
Paul
Paul Gauthier, Quizbowl crackpot
Vanderbilt 2004-8
U Chicago 2008-
Charbroil
Auron

Post by Charbroil »

Our team is now in need of two free agents, so feel free to email me at [email protected] if you're interested.
Charles Hang

Mike Bentley
Sin

Post by Mike Bentley »

Hey is anyone planning on driving back near the O'Hare area on Sunday evening? My return flight is at 8:25 PM on Sunday. This should give me enough time to play the trash tournament, but I'd need to leave after that ends. Ahmad, my ride for the rest of the events, will be playing the Fine Arts tournament so he won't be able to give me a ride.
Mike Bentley
Treasurer, Partnership for Academic Competition Excellence
Adviser, Quizbowl Team at University of Washington
University of Maryland, Class of 2008
Papa's in the House
Tidus

Post by Papa's in the House »

If anyone who lives near the Gurnee/Libertyville area needs a ride and is participating in some shape or form at CO and CO Lit on Saturday and CO Trash on Sunday, let me know via email and I can probably provide a ride. I will likely leave my house at 7:00 AM both days and hope that I don't see the traffic I usually do every time I go into the city.
Charles Martin Jr.
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Academic Buzzer Team | President
B.S. in Accountancy, August 2011
B.S. in Finance, August 2011
MAS Program, Class of 2012