ANNOUNCEMENT: Missouri Open II (08/14/2010)

Old college threads.
Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN)
Chairman of Anti-Music Mafia Committee

ANNOUNCEMENT: Missouri Open II (08/14/2010)

Post by Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN) »

Hello everyone!

I want to invite any interested players to attend Missouri Open II: Reading Bible Bowl Questions off of Labtops, to be held at the University of Missouri on August 14th. This tournament will be a mirror of USF's Sun 'n' Fun XI tournament. This tournament will be a true open, where any player is eligible to compete on any team.

There will be required half packets (for a discount) from teams that have any members who have played an academic college tournament (other than ones on high school questions, hybrid events, or CBI events) before September 1, 2010. If your team wants to submit a full packet using ACF distribution (with geography optional), you will get an even larger discount than if you write a half packet. The difficulty of your submissions is supposed to be similar to the difficulty of ACF Nationals and ICT, so be aware that this is going to be a very difficult event.

Teams that do not submit packets will have a $120 base fee
Teams that submit half packets will have a $50 base fee
Teams that submit full packets will have a $30 base fee

There will be a $5 discount for each buzzer your team brings. There will also be a $5 discount for the first laptop your team brings.

If you are writing packets, please read Ahmad's original post at viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9771&start=0.

One extra note: this is a pure open, so I will not make any rules with any eligibility requirements. However, we are going to have a pretty wide range of players coming, so I would definitely encourage higher end college players to maybe consider taking high schoolers or novice players on as teammates.

Ahmad's email is aragab at mail dot usf dot edu, so please send your submissions there. You can register for the tournament by emailing me at [email protected].

I hope to see you in Columbia in a couple months!
Charlie Dees, North Kansas City HS '08
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White
SnookerUSF
Rikku

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Missouri Open II (08/14/2010)

Post by SnookerUSF »

Let me just suggest that the packet deadline is August 1st NOT September 1st as the announcement suggests, otherwise everything else is in order.
Ahmad Ragab, itinerant moderator at the New School for Social Research

ACF Nationals 2011:"Too real for the streets"
-Auroni Gupta

"Can 40,000 redacted topic Tossups be wrong?"

"With my gnomes I'm highlighting the danger of political opportunism and right-wing ideology. I get the feeling that this gnome has reopened an old wound."
-Ottomar Hoerl

Hah, yeah, Ahmad is right.
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White
SnookerUSF
Rikku

Post by SnookerUSF »

I was hoping to get an update on this....

-Auroni Gupta

"With my gnomes I'm highlighting the danger of political opportunism and right-wing ideology. I get the feeling that this gnome has reopened an old wound."
-Ottomar Hoerl
SnookerUSF
Rikku

Post by SnookerUSF »

Hey Charlie (or anyone in charge over there),

I really need to hear back from you about that packet, and the status of the tournament. If I don't hear back from you by August 10th, I cannot in good faith send the questions. to a tournament of dubious organization.

Thanks,

-Auroni Gupta

-Ottomar Hoerl

Hello everyone,
Basically, a number of unexpected, hard to predict things have come up very recently that are now appearing to make it literally impossible for me to physically be in Columbia when this tournament is supposed to happen. Because of that, I am going to have to cancel this. I really really apologize that this interfered with things at such a late date, and I am really sorry for everyone that wanted to play.