- The base fee for the tournament is $15/player ($60 for a team of four).
- $10 discount for teams from schools 100 km or further from the U of Ottawa.
- $5 discount for each staffer you bring.
- $15 discount for each working set of buzzers you bring.
- The minimum fee is $5/player.
What to expect
- A team is up to four players from the same school.
- Each round is 20 tossups and up to 20 bonuses .
- Every team will play at least seven rounds of quizbowl, and the top teams will play off in a final.
- Including a lunch break and an informal prize ceremony, we'll be finished by 5 p.m. at the latest.
Who is eligible to play?
If someone is interested but ineligible to play, they can follow the instructions in this announcement to apply for an exemption.The Head Editor wrote:1. All ACF eligibility rules apply , except when they contradict the rules below.
2. This is a tournament for introducing collegiate novices to quizbowl. Consequently, no high school teams or players are eligible.
3. Anyone (who does not break Rules 1 or 2) who has never played quizbowl before is automatically eligible. Other academic competition does not count as quizbowl for this rule.
4. Players meeting one or more of the following criteria must apply to the head editor for special permission to play:
i. If you have already completed your second year of college (calculated from time in college, not credits).
ii. If you were ever on a playoff team at NAQT HSNCT or PACE NSC.
iii. If you have ever scored at least 30 points per game at any college tournament.
iv. If you have ever won any college tournament.
5. Anyone who does not fall into any of the four categories listed in Rule 4 is automatically eligible to play.
To register a team, or if you have any questions, you can contact Britney Castleman at [email protected] or Brendan McKendy at [email protected].
Ottawa (6 teams)
 This document is a good explanation of how tossups and bonuses work.
 ACF eligibility rules are in section C of this document. Their main function is that they require you to legitimately attend whichever school you play for.