ANNOUNCEMENT: Harvard Fall Tournament V (11/13/10)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Mechanical Beasts
Banned Cheater

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Harvard Fall Tournament V (11/13/10)

Post by Mechanical Beasts »

I've just come back from Florida (well, a few hours ago), where I checked my email only once (and that was my only time on the computer of longer than thirty seconds or so). Unfortunately, I have also come back to an error that seems to reflect an error in my SQBS install (and which prevents me from editing the stats):
Access violation at address 6862A1F9 in module 'comdlg32.dll'. Read of address 00000000.
So besides this null pointer nonsense, which will take time to resolve, I can in the meantime give, at the very least, the final two members of the top eight (which are rather essential for the plat quals; conveniently, though, the teams that made plat are almost sure to qualify anyway).

7. SJHS A
8. LASA B

LASA B wins a PPG tiebreaker against Kellenberg A to clinch the eighth place spot: we elected to use PPG rather than PPB because the comparisons were across games played with a single bracket, and therefore PPG reflects more game data. We of course do want to congratulate Kellenberg on their exceptional PPB.

If anyone has experience running SQBS and encountering this error, particularly under Wine, I'd be very grateful for your help--I'm ashamed enough that this stats-goose-chase has lasted this long and certainly don't want it to extend into the new year. The essential data, at the least, is out there.
Andrew Watkins
Charbroil
Auron

Post by Charbroil »

Crazy Andy Watkins wrote:I'm ashamed enough that this stats-goose-chase has lasted this long and certainly don't want it to extend into the new year.
I realize I'm in somewhat of a poor position to be badgering anyone else on statistics, but in the course of finishing our own tardy stats, I took comfort that we weren't the only major tournament with significant outstanding statistics. Since I don't need to enjoy that schadenfreude anymore, I was curious as to how this was going.
Charles Hang
Francis Howell Central '09
St. Charles Community College '14
Washington University in St. Louis '19, 2x (President, 2017-19)

Owner, Olympia Academic Competition Questions, LLC
Question Writer, National Academic Quiz Tournaments, LLC and National History Bee and Bowl
Mechanical Beasts
Banned Cheater

Post by Mechanical Beasts »

Charbroil wrote:
Crazy Andy Watkins wrote:I'm ashamed enough that this stats-goose-chase has lasted this long and certainly don't want it to extend into the new year.
I realize I'm in somewhat of a poor position to be badgering anyone else on statistics, but in the course of finishing our own tardy stats, I took comfort that we weren't the only major tournament with significant outstanding statistics. Since I don't need to enjoy that schadenfreude anymore, I was curious as to how this was going.
No one has provided me a way to solve this error, so it hasn't.
Andrew Watkins
Down and out in Quintana Roo
Auron

Post by Down and out in Quintana Roo »

Were these questions ever posted online? Or are there other mirrors yet to be finished?
Mr. Andrew Chrzanowski
Caesar Rodney High School
Camden, Delaware
CRHS '97-'01
University of Delaware '01-'05
CRHS quizbowl coach '06-'12
http://crquizbowl.edublogs.org
Charbroil
Auron

Post by Charbroil »

Crazy Andy Watkins wrote:
Charbroil wrote:
No one has provided me a way to solve this error, so it hasn't.
Can't you reinstall SQBS or send the file(s) and scoresheets to someone else to do it? To show I'm not just harassing you, I'd be happy to do these by the end of June if you want to give me the files and scoresheets at ICT Friday evening (though I imagine you can find someone a bit closer to do this).
Charles Hang
Francis Howell Central '09
St. Charles Community College '14
Washington University in St. Louis '19, 2x (President, 2017-19)

Owner, Olympia Academic Competition Questions, LLC
Question Writer, National Academic Quiz Tournaments, LLC and National History Bee and Bowl
Flutist Wren
Lulu

Post by Flutist Wren »

Carangoides ciliarius wrote:Were these questions ever posted online? Or are there other mirrors yet to be finished?
Missouri is mirroring on May 21.
Sam Haynes
Jefferson City High 2011
WUSTL 2015
Down and out in Quintana Roo
Auron

Post by Down and out in Quintana Roo »

octo wrote:
Carangoides ciliarius wrote:Were these questions ever posted online? Or are there other mirrors yet to be finished?
Missouri is mirroring on May 21.
Ah, okay. Thanks. Guess we'll just take a look at them next year for practice, then.
Mr. Andrew Chrzanowski
Caesar Rodney High School
Camden, Delaware
CRHS '97-'01
University of Delaware '01-'05
CRHS quizbowl coach '06-'12
http://crquizbowl.edublogs.org