Ontario 2010-11

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Camelopardalis
Wakka

Ontario 2010-11

Post by Camelopardalis »

With September almost here, I thought I'd do a quick glance at the various regions of Ontario. There are some regions I don't know that much about, and I've probably forgotten several good teams, so I apologize in advance!

EDIT: For any Ontario teams reading this, if you need any help with tournaments in your area, setting up a team, or have questions in general, feel free to contact me at greenwoc AT uoguelph DOT ca; I'd be happy to help.

Eastern Ontario (Ottawa, Kingston, Cornwall, Renfrew)
Ottawa has lots of good teams. Lisgar returns all of its players, and Bell returns most of its A team. Merivale and Gloucester lose their top contributors, but still have plenty of younger talent, and All Saints returns its captain. NAQT is slowly overtaking Reach as the dominant format in this region (if it hasn't done so already).
Top teams:
- All Saints (Ottawa)
- Arnprior (Arnprior)
- Bell (Ottawa)
- Carleton Place (Carleton Place)
- Colonel By (Ottawa)
- Gananoque (Gananoque)
- Glebe (Ottawa)
- Gloucester (Ottawa)
- Lisgar (Ottawa)
- Merivale (Ottawa)

Central Ontario (Belleville, Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes, Barrie)
There aren't a ton of teams in this area, and I don't know them very well, since none of them play NAQT or other non-Reach forms of quizbowl. I.E. Weldon won the Kawarthas region for the past several years (in Reach) and will probably do so again. Geography plays a role, but hopefully more schools from this area will play events in Ottawa or Toronto.
Top teams:
- Cobourg District East (Cobourg)
- Centennial (Belleville)
- Fenelon Falls (Fenelon Falls)
- I.E. Weldon (Lindsay)
- St. Joseph's (Barrie)

Greater Toronto Area (Toronto, Mississauga, Oshawa, York, Brampton)
Expectedly, Toronto has plenty of great teams in close proximity to each other, and quizbowl has succeeded here. Woburn returns several of its players, and should remain one of the best teams in the province. UTS loses its captain and several other key members, while Mayfield returns much of its team that finished third at the TWI, and could do very well at big events this year. Though they've been unable to attend the TWI and NAQT Provincials, both CHAT teams (Kimel and Wallenburg) are usually very competitive in Reach, and as far as I know, both return their top players. There are a host of other good schools that will probably challenge the aforementioned teams for titles.
Top teams:
- Brother Andre (Markham)
- Langstaff (Richmond Hill)
- Leaside (Toronto)
- Martingrove (Toronto)
- Mayfield (Brampton)
- North Toronto (Toronto)
- O'Neill (Oshawa)
- St. Joseph (Mississauga)
- St. Francis Xavier (Mississauga)
- Tanenbaum-CHAT Kimel (Vaughan)
- Tanenbaum-CHAT Wallenburg (Toronto)
- Woburn (Toronto)
- UTS (Toronto)

Golden Horseshoe (Halton, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Niagara Falls)
This region has produced many good teams in recent years, and especially last year. The Burlington/Oakville area has Assumption, who qualified for HSNCT last year but lose many of their top players, OTS, a perennial Reach contender, and White Oaks, who return their captain. Hamilton has Westdale, who played very well at NAQT Provincials and could contend for a title this year. The Niagara area sent Sir Winston Churchill and Ridley to NAQT Provincials, and the former also did quite well at Reach. SWC returns several talented players and should do very well this year.
Top teams:
- Appleby (Oakville)
- Assumption (Burlington)
- Grimsby (Grimsby)
- OTS (Oakville)
- Ridley (St. Catharines)
- Sir Winston Churchill (St. Catharines)
- Westdale (Hamilton)
- White Oaks (Oakville)

Southwestern Ontario (Kitchener, Guelph, London, Windsor)
There are several strong pockets of activity in this region, and schools from mid/southwestern Ontario will challenge for provincial titles in Reach and NAQT. London Central and London South didn't do as well last year, but remain two of the best teams in the region as both schools returns their captains and several other strong players. The Tri-Cities area is home to several strong schools, but all of them play Reach. Centennial from Guelph performed very well last year and have spent a significant amount of time getting used to (and playing) good quizbowl. They return one of their top players and could challenge for a NAQT title this year.
- Centennial (Guelph)
- Holy Cross (Windsor)
- London Central (London)
- London South (London)
- Preston (Cambridge)
- St. Mary's (Kitchener)
- Vincent Massey (Windsor)
- Waterloo (Waterloo)

Northern Ontario (Sudbury, Timmins, Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie)
I don't know a ton about this area. Sudbury usually produces several good teams, and almost had a NAQT tournament at Laurentian a little while back. W.C. Eaket seems to always qualify for Reach Provincials out of Sault Ste. Marie, and there is usually a good team or two from the southeast. Geography is the main hurdle to growing any sort of quizbowl participation in northern Ontario.
Top teams:
- Lo-Ellen Park (Sudbury)
- Lockerby (Sudbury)
- Timiskaming (Timiskaming)
- Timmins CVI (Timmins)
- W.C. Eaket (Sault Ste. Marie)

Woburn, UTS, Lisgar, and Westdale are probably the teams to beat this year, but Bell, Sir Winston Churchill, London Central, CHAT-Kimel and Centennial could challenge for titles as well. Several of these teams could qualify for HSNCT - and potentially make the playoffs, as Lisgar did last year - as well as NSC, which will hopefully see its first Canadian participation this season. If everything goes well, there might even be a NASAT team from Ontario in 2011.

Here's to a great 2010-11!
Chris Greenwood
Lisgar '08, Guelph '15
Member | ONQBA, PACE
Ontario Veterinary College, co 2015

Visit ONQBA on Facebook!
Masked Canadian History Bandit
Rikku

Re: Ontario 2010-11

Post by Masked Canadian History Bandit »

I applaud the research that Chris Greenwood took to make this list, and I will vouch that this list is largely accurate, especially for Ottawa, Toronto, and Centennial and Westdale schools.

I would have to say that this year, it's almost certain that the number of NAQT, mACF, and Reach tournaments using NAQT distribution and superior editing will take over as the dominant form of trivia in Ottawa.

Also, will the 2011 NAQT ON Prov. QB use an IS-A or and IS set?

EDIT: I've posted the FB note (which I maintained) that was kept in the local Ottawa high school trivia photos on event dates here: http://www.hsquizbowl.org/forums/viewto ... 92&start=0
Patrick Liao
Lisgar Collegiate Institute 2011, University of Pennsylvania 2015, University of Toronto Faculty of Law 2019
Camelopardalis
Wakka

Post by Camelopardalis »

Pat! I was wondering when someone would post in this.
Masked Canadian History Bandit wrote:Also, will the 2011 NAQT ON Prov. QB use an IS-A or and IS set?
It will almost definitely be using an IS set. A pretty significant proportion of teams at last year's iteration had >16ppb (possibly even as high as 80%), so I think we'll be moving to regular difficulty this year.
Chris Greenwood
Lisgar '08, Guelph '15
Member | ONQBA, PACE

Visit ONQBA on Facebook!
Rikku

Camelopardalis wrote:Pat! I was wondering when someone would post in this.
Masked Canadian History Bandit wrote:Also, will the 2011 NAQT ON Prov. QB use an IS-A or and IS set?
It will almost definitely be using an IS set. A pretty significant proportion of teams at last year's iteration had >16ppb (possibly even as high as 80%), so I think we'll be moving to regular difficulty this year.
Glad to be first then.

Also, I'll welcome the difficulty jump to IS, and so will, I think, the rest of the Lisgar squads. IS sets (perhaps undeservingly?) seem more academic and better written than IS-A sets. However, there were several teams which which were quite close to the 10 ppb mark, so the newer difficulty might overwhelm them. Meh.
Patrick Liao
Lisgar Collegiate Institute 2011, University of Pennsylvania 2015, University of Toronto Faculty of Law 2019
Rikku

Camelopardalis wrote:
Eastern Ontario (Ottawa, Kingston, Cornwall, Renfrew)
Ottawa has lots of good teams. Lisgar returns all of its players, and Bell returns most of its A team. Merivale and Gloucester lose their top contributors, but still have plenty of younger talent, and All Saints returns its captain. NAQT is slowly overtaking Reach as the dominant format in this region (if it hasn't done so already).
Top teams:
- All Saints (Ottawa)
- Arnprior (Arnprior)
- Bell (Ottawa)
- Carleton Place (Carleton Place)
- Colonel By (Ottawa)
- Gananoque (Gananoque)
- Glebe (Ottawa)
- Gloucester (Ottawa)
- Lisgar (Ottawa)
- Merivale (Ottawa)
After the BOKCHOI stats played on an IS-set, Earl of March probably deserves a place on that list.

http://www.uotrivia.ca/stats/bokchoi/bo ... dings.html
Patrick Liao
Rikku

Camelopardalis wrote: Eastern Ontario (Ottawa, Kingston, Cornwall, Renfrew)
Top teams:
- All Saints (Ottawa)
- Bell (Ottawa)
- Colonel By (Ottawa)
- Glebe (Ottawa)
- Gloucester (Ottawa)
- Lisgar (Ottawa)
- Merivale (Ottawa)
Masked Canadian History Bandit wrote: After the BOKCHOI stats played on an IS-set, Earl of March probably deserves a place on that list.
http://www.uotrivia.ca/stats/bokchoi/bo ... dings.html
So round one of Reach for the Top regionals finished last Friday, and everyone Chris mentioned in his post + my mention of Earl, made it to the top bracket.

Attached below is a spreadsheet with all relevant data, as well as the teams ranked according to a rebalanced average points per game (kinda like the NAQT D-value, but simplified). Of course, this information shouldn't be seen as representative of the team's true skill, due to all the horrendous questions on hippos and whatnot there were, but it should be a fair estimate. It also shows that Division 1 was more stacked than Division 2.
Attachments
D-values for Reach2011.xls
(16 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
Patrick Liao
Camelopardalis
Wakka

Post by Camelopardalis »

Masked Canadian History Bandit wrote:all the horrendous questions on hippos
It's a terrible sign that I know Patrick isn't kidding. What did it ask for? Their mean weight? Jaw size? List question on types of boats they flip over?
Chris Greenwood
Lisgar '08, Guelph '15
Member | ONQBA, PACE

Visit ONQBA on Facebook!
Rikku

Camelopardalis wrote:
It's a terrible sign that I know Patrick isn't kidding. What did it ask for? Their mean weight? Jaw size? List question on types of boats they flip over?
Why are hippo bites nearly always fatal?

Bacteria? No. Some physiological aspect of their teeth? No. Ultra-agressive psychology? No. Instinctive shaking of the head after clamping down? No.

Why?

THEY ARE SOOOO LARGE.

It's just, you could say that about... lots of large creatures...
Patrick Liao
Bartleby
Rikku

Post by Bartleby »

Masked Canadian History Bandit wrote:
Camelopardalis wrote:
Why are hippo bites nearly always fatal?

Bacteria? No. Some physiological aspect of their teeth? No. Ultra-agressive psychology? No. Instinctive shaking of the head after clamping down? No.

Why?

THEY ARE SOOOO LARGE.

It's just, you could say that about... lots of large creatures...
I heard that question at a Reach match I attended over Reading Week. The horror. The horror. I will say that the questions I heard were generally of a higher quality than those when I played, however. I doubt as if I ever heard a question about an author not named "Atwood", and there was definitely a question about Sartre in one match.
Brian McNamara
Western University '13
University of Waterloo '14
Temple University '20
Rikku

Bartleby wrote: I heard that question at a Reach match I attended over Reading Week. The horror. The horror. I will say that the questions I heard were generally of a higher quality than those when I played, however. I doubt as if I ever heard a question about an author not named "Atwood", and there was definitely a question about Sartre in one match.
I don't know if they're better than they were in 07-08 (my first year playing Reach), and if anything have higher amounts of popular culture, repeats, and poorly written questions since 07-08.

There is no distribution, and certainly some topics are almost completely neglected. Very little actual questions on philosophy ("Who is considered to be China's most famous philosopher?" doesn't count), not a whole lot of architecture, some pretty bad literary 40s (too difficult: Robert Southey, too easy on the 40: Humourist born in the 19th century in Missouri... Hmm...), some crappy history questions (Babylon was not THE capital of the Achaemenid Persian Empire, Darius III of Persia WAS NOT called "the Great"), etc.), poor art distribution (very little to no questions on pre-Monet artists), and some very poor answer lines (e.g. Ataturk not acceptable for Mustafa Kemal, Bauhaus not acceptable for Bauhaus school, Baltimore not acceptable for Baltimore Stallions) were all found just in the sets used for the (Ontario?) regionals.

Compared to how good quizbowl has developed in the States, Reach really sucks. But hey, it's patriotic and because of all that shit, they don't need to hire editors (to avoid gaffes like mislabeling categories -- Norway is not "Fantasy") or even pay writers (and get off). People will shell out $400 CAD to play this game, even if it only guarantees them a 5 (or less) round robin in their region. For the same price, you could probably send one team (that's all Reach lets you have, no matter what the depth of your bench) to 8 local quizbowl tournaments if they were available.
Patrick Liao
Bartleby
Rikku

Post by Bartleby »

Bartleby wrote: I heard that question at a Reach match I attended over Reading Week. The horror. The horror. I will say that the questions I heard were generally of a higher quality than those when I played, however. I doubt as if I ever heard a question about an author not named "Atwood", and there was definitely a question about Sartre in one match.
I don't know if they're better than they were in 07-08 (my first year playing Reach), and if anything have higher amounts of popular culture, repeats, and poorly written questions since 07-08.

There is no distribution, and certainly some topics are almost completely neglected. Very little actual questions on philosophy ("Who is considered to be China's most famous philosopher?" doesn't count), not a whole lot of architecture, some pretty bad literary 40s (too difficult: Robert Southey, too easy on the 40: Humourist born in the 19th century in Missouri... Hmm...), some crappy history questions (Babylon was not THE capital of the Achaemenid Persian Empire, Darius III of Persia WAS NOT called "the Great"), etc.), poor art distribution (very little to no questions on pre-Monet artists), and some very poor answer lines (e.g. Ataturk not acceptable for Mustafa Kemal, Bauhaus not acceptable for Bauhaus school, Baltimore not acceptable for Baltimore Stallions) were all found just in the sets used for the (Ontario?) regionals.

Compared to how good quizbowl has developed in the States, Reach really sucks. But hey, it's patriotic and because of all that shit, they don't need to hire editors (to avoid gaffes like mislabeling categories -- Norway is not "Fantasy") or even pay writers (and get off). People will shell out $400 CAD to play this game, even if it only guarantees them a 5 (or less) round robin in their region. For the same price, you could probably send one team (that's all Reach lets you have, no matter what the depth of your bench) to 8 local quizbowl tournaments if they were available.
Let's get real -- that post was certainly not a defence of School Reach. I'm just as much aware of how bad it is as anyone else here, having played it for three years.
Brian McNamara
Western University '13
Temple University '20
Rikku

Bartleby wrote:

Let's get real -- that post was certainly not a defence of School Reach. I'm just as much aware of how bad it is as anyone else here, having played it for three years.
Not saying it was. I'm just finished playing Ottawa City Finals, and I'm just looking for another place to post on how bad Reach is. I apologize sincerely if you took my post to imply that you supported a terrible, no-good trivia organization. I mean, you're posting on these forums and haven't been banned, so you can't be. :)
Patrick Liao
Rikku

Centennial defeated UTS by 20 points in the Ontario Provincial Finals. The top three teams were all also top bracket at last year's Ontario Provincial Quizbowl.

Prelims: http://www.reachforthetop.com/OntarioPr ... rd2011.pdf
Playoffs: http://www.reachforthetop.com/ScheduleP ... fs2011.pdf

Pools were terrible. Flights A and B were exceedingly difficult (e.g. 2nd and 3rd teams at last year's provincial QB in one pool), while Flight E was not as hard.

Question quality was okay, less outright wonky non-academic questions, but still a fair share of hoses and bad lead-ins and of course sports, tv, movies, and trash in general. In fact, my single greatest, study aid to this tournament was probably my editing of BLASTOISE and not say, reading GSAC, PACE NSCs, etc.

Distribution was dismal. Very few pre-modern music. No ancient history in the 7 preliminary rounds or the first 5 playoff rounds whatsoever. Also, terrible 40-point leadins on stuff like Calculus ("mathematical field discovered by Newton and Leibniz"), War and Peace ("I am an epic novel noted for its length"), Drake ("I am an English admiral called a privateer by my enemies"). These are especially bad when stuff like 1901 and 1903 doubly-eponymous Panama Canal Treaties are only good for 10.

Many hoses and bad, incomplete answerlines, or just poorly written questions:
- "The Dead Sea lies between the West Bank of Israel and what over country?" only accepting "Jordan" even if you buzz in with "Israel and Jordan."
- Myopia apparently doesn't mean "nearsightedness" just "shortsightedness"
- After two popular culture questions, "Who is the Prince of Darkness?" is not Ozzy Osbourne but Satan.
- "Anthropology" not being acceptable for a field that the Leakeys were famously involved in
- "In 1775 General Montgomery famously attacked Montreal" BUZZ: and Quebec? "no, in support of what political movement?" ANSWER: American Revolution
Patrick Liao
bsmith
Tidus

Post by bsmith »

This was mentioned earlier, but I'm looking for people to establish an organization for quizbowl in Ontario (an Ontario Quizbowl Association, you could say). CAQL was developed several years ago for the universities, but there is nothing for the high schools. The most suitable place to create a charter and elect an executive would probably be at the Ontario provincial championship (date?), though interested people can send in suggestions if they are unable to attend in person.

Some suggestions for what this association can do:
-run a newsletter, website, Facebook group, and other social media
-organize tournaments (the two most likely ones are the OQT and provincial championship, with Ottawa and Guelph respectively getting right of first refusal for hosting)
-certify tournaments (certified tournaments would be publicized by the association and hosting/attending them could lead to discounts at association-organized tournaments)
-promote "good quizbowl" through newsletters and other publicity
-fundraise for teams attending national championships (since the association would be non-profit, this could come from hosting revenues)

I'm not implying that I should be in charge (or even given an executive position), but I'll offer to get a first draft for a charter out roughly a week before the in-person meeting. Prospective members can review it, bring suggestions for amendments to the meeting, and approve the charter in a vote; this would then allow a vote for an executive. The charter would be similar to those of university quizbowl clubs and other student-centric quizbowl associations, but if anyone would like to put forward ideas for a first draft, feel free to reply here or by email to ben_smith_85 -at sign- yahoo.ca .
Ben Smith
Ottawa '08 & '10
Rikku

Not really for Ontario, but apparently Reach for the Top considers answering stuff directly related to the Affair of the Spanish Marriages to be perfectly fine for Canadian High School Nationals. Not to mention that the question was a massive hose.
Patrick Liao
bsmith
Tidus

Post by bsmith »

In Reach nationals (at an amusement park :roll: ), KV beat out a final 4 that also had three Ontario quizbowling teams. So, when is KV going to start playing QB matches during their annual trips to Ontario tournaments?

But seriously, for the past 3-4 years now, the message is clear: If you want to represent Ontario in Reach, you've got to have quizbowl experience.

Also, I'm glad my signature wasn't an issue this year.
Ben Smith
Ottawa '08 & '10
at your pleasure
Auron

Post by at your pleasure »

Masked Canadian History Bandit wrote:Not really for Ontario, but apparently Reach for the Top considers answering stuff directly related to the Affair of the Spanish Marriages to be perfectly fine for Canadian High School Nationals. Not to mention that the question was a massive hose.
What was the answer line?
Either way, I will add to the absurdity by noting that a decent number of people thought a tossup on the Affair of The Spanish Marriages was a bad idea (admittedly for different and fairly contestable reasons) at noted tournament that is supposed to be hard ACF nationals.
Douglas Graebner, Walt Whitman HS 10, Uchicago 14
"... imagination acts upon man as really as does gravitation, and may kill him as certainly as a dose of prussic acid."-Sir James Frazer,The Golden Bough

http://avorticistking.wordpress.com/
Rikku

Doink the Clown wrote:
Masked Canadian History Bandit wrote:Not really for Ontario, but apparently Reach for the Top considers answering stuff directly related to the Affair of the Spanish Marriages to be perfectly fine for Canadian High School Nationals. Not to mention that the question was a massive hose.
What was the answer line?
Either way, I will add to the absurdity by noting that a decent number of people thought a tossup on the Affair of The Spanish Marriages was a bad idea (admittedly for different and fairly contestable reasons) at noted tournament that is supposed to be hard ACF nationals.
If I recall correctly, it was asking to identify Isabella II of Spain solely based on the fact that she had had a controversial 1846 marriage.

What makes it worse is that given the usual difficulty level of Reach for the Top (e.g. "What did Neil Armstrong become famous for?"), the leadin was "negbait" (if there were negs in Reach) for Isabella I of Spain, since it went something like, Name this famous Spanish queen whose marriage in (*) 1846... Before the (*), most Reach players would go for Isabella I, since Reach's a speed check format.
Patrick Liao
bsmith
Tidus

Post by bsmith »

bsmith wrote:I'm not implying that I should be in charge (or even given an executive position), but I'll offer to get a first draft for a charter out roughly a week before the in-person meeting. Prospective members can review it, bring suggestions for amendments to the meeting, and approve the charter in a vote; this would then allow a vote for an executive. The charter would be similar to those of university quizbowl clubs and other student-centric quizbowl associations, but if anyone would like to put forward ideas for a first draft, feel free to reply here or by email to ben_smith_85 -at sign- yahoo.ca .
I have attached a draft. Right now, it pretty much just has "rules" (voting, membership, impeachment, etc) and little policy. Two major policies that are not included right now are tournament certification/organization and how to interact with other organizations (financially or otherwise).

Any interested members are welcome to attend a meeting held at Guelph on Saturday, where we will hopefully complete and ratify a constitution and from that, elect an executive.
Attachments
ONQBA_constitution_draft.doc
ONQBA draft constitution, June 5
(42 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
Ben Smith
Ottawa '08 & '10
the third garrideb
Wakka

Post by the third garrideb »

What about people who are interested but cannot make it to Guelph on Saturday?
Huma Zafar
University of Waterloo alumna
bsmith
Tidus

Post by bsmith »

the third garrideb wrote:What about people who are interested but cannot make it to Guelph on Saturday?
It depends on how interested you (or other people who can't make it) are.

If you just want to be a member that can vote, I imagine the constitution will be open enough to allow anyone in by signing up, especially before the school year starts.

If you want to shape the constitution, the first thing to do is bring forward suggestions either to me or someone else that is attending. I will hopefully make a second draft on Thursday evening/Friday morning based on further suggestions, and that draft can be used as the starting point for any discussions on Saturday. Input from non-attendees will be welcome, but I expect that the constitution will be ratified by those in attendance. Non-attendees can raise amendments after the fact if there are unresolved problems.

If you want to be in the executive, I expect that elections will be announced, but not completed, at the meeting. A non-voting election officer will be chosen, who will ask for candidates and collect ballots over a certain time period (likely by email).

Of course, this is only my perspective and will not necessarily reflect the views of a larger group, but I think that people interested in Ontario quizbowl are reasonable and will make sure there are accommodations for those who cannot attend a ratification.
Ben Smith
Ottawa '08 & '10
bsmith
Tidus

Post by bsmith »

The draft constitution hasn't really changed, so I guess we'll use it as the starting point on Saturday. It appears we will meet after the main tournament. For those that can't attend, I expect that no policies or executives will be decided that day; instead, there will be some form of online or email voting open to potential members for the following weeks.
Ben Smith
Ottawa '08 & '10
bsmith
Tidus

Post by bsmith »

The Ontario Quizbowl Association was formed with the attached constitution, ratified by 10 initial members. More members, including those who may want to have an executive position, will be welcomed; the only condition so far on membership is that you must staff at least one "certified" tournament each year.

Daniel Carter volunteered to be the election officer to get an executive chosen. He will have details about voting over the coming weeks. Once an executive is elected, policy will be formed; there should be a set of policy decisions ready for member voting by August or so (in time for the new school year).
Attachments
ONQBA_constitution.pdf
ONQBA constitution
(75.29 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
Ben Smith
Ottawa '08 & '10
Rikku

bsmith wrote:The Ontario Quizbowl Association was formed with the attached constitution, ratified by 10 initial members. More members, including those who may want to have an executive position, will be welcomed; the only condition so far on membership is that you must staff at least one "certified" tournament each year.

Daniel Carter volunteered to be the election officer to get an executive chosen. He will have details about voting over the coming weeks. Once an executive is elected, policy will be formed; there should be a set of policy decisions ready for member voting by August or so (in time for the new school year).
Who were the initial 10 members?
Patrick Liao
Rikku

I've set up a Facebook group for the ONQBA here: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gro ... 30522&ap=1
Patrick Liao
bsmith
Tidus

Post by bsmith »

Masked Canadian History Bandit wrote:Who were the initial 10 members?
In alphabetical order: Daniel Carter, Britney Castleman, Jamie Cooper, Nick Green, Chris Greenwood, Harry Rusnock, Ben Smith, Joe Su, Sinan Ulusoy, and Di Xiao. Brian McNamara gave input but had to leave early.
Masked Canadian History Bandit wrote:I've set up a Facebook group
Unlike, say, the Reach Facebook page, your link is inaccessible to non-users.
Ben Smith
Ottawa '08 & '10
Rikku

bsmith wrote:
In alphabetical order: Daniel Carter, Britney Castleman, Jamie Cooper, Nick Green, Chris Greenwood, Harry Rusnock, Ben Smith, Joe Su, Sinan Ulusoy, and Di Xiao. Brian McNamara gave input but had to leave early.

I like how 50% are former/current Ligarites.
Masked Canadian History Bandit wrote:I've set up a Facebook group
Unlike, say, the Reach Facebook page, your link is inaccessible to non-users.
I've set up a page here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ontario-Q ... 14?sk=wall
Patrick Liao
Bartleby
Rikku

Post by Bartleby »

bsmith wrote:
In fairness, I also would have voted to ratify the constitution!
Brian McNamara
Western University '13
Temple University '20