does Brown have a program?

Old college threads.
grapesmoker
Sin

does Brown have a program?

Post by grapesmoker »

This is crossposted from the Yahoo! group.

Does anyone know whether Brown University has a quizbowl program? If it does, I would appreciate it if someone could point me to the people in charge.

Thanks,
Jerry
Jerry Vinokurov
ex-LJHS, ex-Berkeley, ex-Brown, sorta-ex-CMU
presently: John Jay College Economics
code ape, loud voice, general nuissance
Rothlover
Yuna

Post by Rothlover »

This would be of interest to me as well. I have tried to contact every team I was aware of in NE for various tournaments, but have never seen any sort of contact for Brown.
MLafer
Rikku

Post by MLafer »

There appears to be a CBI-only team according to this page but the CBI site says they haven't played since 1994.

Micha from Rochester is going to Brown for graduate school, so something might be happening there.
Trevkeeper
Tidus

Post by Trevkeeper »

I've heard they do it as an intramural type deal only, but I could be way off base on that, don't take my word for it.
Nick, IU and Aegis Questions
Aaron Kashtan
Lulu

Post by Aaron Kashtan »

As a current senior at Brown, I can attest that Brown, unfortunately, does not have a quiz bowl program.
No Sollositing On Premise
Tidus

Post by No Sollositing On Premise »

Aaron Kashtan wrote:As a current senior at Brown, I can attest that Brown, unfortunately, does not have a quiz bowl program.
Pardon my asking, but if you've (presumably) been at Brown for four years, but there is no quiz bowl program (and hasn't had one for awhile, it would appear), then what inspired you to join a quizbowl forum? You're not part of the college circuit and you've been out of high school for (presumably) four years. Are you a high school coach? Trying to start a team? Just nostalgic and wanted to see how your HS team is faring? No offense meant, but I'm just curious.
Mike Sollosi, University of Virginia
Aaron Kashtan
Lulu

Post by Aaron Kashtan »

laszlow wrote:
Aaron Kashtan wrote:As a current senior at Brown, I can attest that Brown, unfortunately, does not have a quiz bowl program.
Pardon my asking, but if you've (presumably) been at Brown for four years, but there is no quiz bowl program (and hasn't had one for awhile, it would appear), then what inspired you to join a quizbowl forum? You're not part of the college circuit and you've been out of high school for (presumably) four years. Are you a high school coach? Trying to start a team? Just nostalgic and wanted to see how your HS team is faring? No offense meant, but I'm just curious.
I did quiz bowl in high school, and I still read about it occasionally. Also, I'm hoping to do quiz bowl again in graduate school.

(EDIT: And the specific reason I joined this forum was so I could answer this question.)

Speaking of which, does Dartmouth still have a program?