Forums Staff: Administrator

Collegiate Novice call for hosts

Post by theMoMA »

Collegiate Novice 2 is available for mirroring on the following weekends:

September 3 (Labor Day)
September 10
September 17
September 24

In regions that do not start until later, I will be working to find hosts for early October, but I strongly prefer hosts to run the tournament in September.

The tournament specifications will be the same as last year. There will be ten packets of strictly difficulty-controlled questions. I will be attempting to find many host sites to keep travel times down. The tournament should start a little later (around 10 AM unless there are exigent circumstances) and end by early afternoon.

Mirror fees are a flat $5 per player. I'll provide more info about what you can charge and what you owe the writers in the hosting guide that I'll send to interested teams.

Also, I am looking to market this tournament aggressively during the summer. I will be leaning on hosts to help me out in their own regions.

Please email me at [email protected] if you're interested in hosting a mirror of Collegiate Novice 2! I hope to hear from a lot of teams in the coming weeks.
Andrew Hart
Minnesota alum
theMoMA
Forums Staff: Administrator

Re: Collegiate Novice call for hosts

Post by theMoMA »

Hey, I would still love to find several more Collegiate Novice hosts. Please check the updated host list to make sure that there isn't another host too near you and contact me if you are interested. Note: "too near" will be defined extremely narrowly to cut down on travel time for teams.
Andrew Hart
Minnesota alum