VETO - Toronto Mirror

Old college threads.
Michael
Lulu

VETO - Toronto Mirror

Post by Michael »

It's that time of year again! The Vancouver Estival Trivia Open (VETO) will be mirrored at the Bahen Centre for Information Technology (https://maps.google.com/maps?&cid=0,0,7 ... 9747097211) on Saturday, July 28 from 10 AM to at latest 6 PM.

VETO will be run "guerrilla" style, meaning each team writes a pack, and participants moderate and keep score during rounds when they aren't playing. On the flip side, it's free! RSVP to (rcatibog at deloitte dot ca) and (m dot wainberg at mail dot utoronto dot ca) by the night of Wednesday the 25th at the latest with your pack. Please bring laptops if you have, so that we can save trees and printing costs.

packets will be minimally edited, but it's mainly up to you to make them a success. Fortunately, there's a great guide available at http://www.caql.org/events/veto12q.html. Make sure you take a look at the requirements for Canadian content and (my fave) multimedia bonuses!

Hope to see many of you soon!
Michael Wainberg
President, University of Toronto Academic Trivia Club
adosreme
Rikku

Re: VETO - Toronto Mirror

Post by adosreme »

As far as I know, Waterloo will be sending two teams to this event.

In terms of packet deadline, is it possible for me to send you my team's packet on the Thursday or Friday? I don't know if this is true for all teams, but I know that my team's packet will be finished by Wednesday the 25th but is being written by five different people. I was planning to take a day or two afterwards to do things like proofread, standardize question length, format the packet, and doublecheck question quality. If you would not mind our submission coming on the Thursday or Friday, I can in turn pledge that you will recieve a fully edited packet from us.
Aaron Dos Remedios
Formerly of the Waterloo School of Abstruse Canadian Inside Jokes (University of Waterloo)
Maxwell's Sexual Relations
Lulu

Post by Maxwell's Sexual Relations »

...and (my fave) multimedia bonuses!
:roll:
Caleb Kendrick aka"Ghostface Killah"

Norman North (OK) (2010-2015)
Trinity Junior (AR) (2009-2010)
~Oklahoma Quiz Bowl Alliance~
adosreme
Rikku

Post by adosreme »

Maxwell's Sexual Relations wrote:
:roll:
Yeah. I know...

edited to add what I was referring to
Aaron Dos Remedios
Formerly of the Waterloo School of Abstruse Canadian Inside Jokes (University of Waterloo)
Michael
Lulu

Post by Michael »

adosreme wrote:As far as I know, Waterloo will be sending two teams to this event.

In terms of packet deadline, is it possible for me to send you my team's packet on the Thursday or Friday? I don't know if this is true for all teams, but I know that my team's packet will be finished by Wednesday the 25th but is being written by five different people. I was planning to take a day or two afterwards to do things like proofread, standardize question length, format the packet, and doublecheck question quality. If you would not mind our submission coming on the Thursday or Friday, I can in turn pledge that you will recieve a fully edited packet from us.
Sure, that's fine.
Michael Wainberg
President, University of Toronto Academic Trivia Club
Senator_Jay
Rikku

Post by Senator_Jay »

So, as I'm sure you know, there is a Westmount high school contingency attending without me. As such, I shall be attending on a team of myself and Jordan Palmer, and we are hoping to have a finished pack for you by Friday.
Jay Misuk
McMaster University, 2009, 2010, 2016
University of Toronto, 2011, 2017, 2022
MEd. (Educational Linguistics) MSc. (CogSciLing), Hon. BA (Linguistics), BA (History), BEd. (History, Geography, Music, Math, Soc. Sci, Law, Latin)

Tri-national competitor; tri-national neg champion.
To quote the ephemeral Jordan Palmer - "There is no shame, only points"
adosreme
Rikku

Post by adosreme »

Huzzah for bigger fields!
Aaron Dos Remedios
the third garrideb
Wakka

Post by the third garrideb »

Just submitted Waterloo A's packet.
Huma Zafar
University of Waterloo alumna
adosreme
Rikku

Post by adosreme »

I have now submitted the packet by "Montcalm Me Maybe," aka Waterloo B, to you and Rico. You should be able to find it in your emails. Obviously don't read it if you ended up getting your own team together after all.
Aaron Dos Remedios
Senator_Jay
Rikku

Post by Senator_Jay »

Stats? Anyone? Bueller?
Jay Misuk
McMaster University, 2009, 2010, 2016
University of Toronto, 2011, 2017, 2022
MEd. (Educational Linguistics) MSc. (CogSciLing), Hon. BA (Linguistics), BA (History), BEd. (History, Geography, Music, Math, Soc. Sci, Law, Latin)

Tri-national competitor; tri-national neg champion.
To quote the ephemeral Jordan Palmer - "There is no shame, only points"
Masked Canadian History Bandit
Rikku

Post by Masked Canadian History Bandit »

Senator_Jay wrote:Stats? Anyone? Bueller?
I'm still waiting on stats from last year's VETO mirror, so don't hold your breath.
Patrick Liao
Lisgar Collegiate Institute 2011, University of Pennsylvania 2015, University of Toronto Faculty of Law 2019
mhyee
Lulu

Post by mhyee »

Senator_Jay wrote:Stats? Anyone? Bueller?
I asked Rico a few days ago, and he said his laptop had crashed, so there'll be a bit of a delay. I'll send him another reminder/ask for an update.
Ming-Ho Yee
Northeastern University
Formerly University of Waterloo
mhyee
Lulu

Post by mhyee »

My previous (unapproved at the time of writing) post is a bit pointless now, since Rico has sent the stats to me for posting: http://quizbowl.uwaterloo.ca/veto2012/V ... dings.html
Ming-Ho Yee
Northeastern University
Formerly University of Waterloo
vetovian
Lulu

Post by vetovian »

A full report from the Vancouver tournament is here:
http://caql.org/results/veto12.html
Peter, SFU alumnus