IFT at the University of Minnesota (10/13/2012)

Old college threads.
gaurav.kandlikar
Forums Staff: Moderator

IFT at the University of Minnesota (10/13/2012)

Post by gaurav.kandlikar »

The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, will be hosting a mirror of the Illinois Fall Tournament on Saturday, October 13, 2012.

Eligibility:
(stolen from Ike's announcement)
You can play this tournament as long as you are affiliated with a school in the ACF sense of the term. If you are unsure of your eligibility status, you should contact us or your TD. Also, there will be no open teams allowed at this tournament, no matter what the reason. Chimera or scab teams are only allowed for the purposes of filling out a field. People who need to play “unaffiliated” for whatever reason should contact us to resolve any issues. Exceptions might be made if there is some scenario I haven't envisioned here, but that's not likely. Play with your own schools people!

Location and Time: This event will take place in Blegen Hall on the West Bank of the U of M campus. Rounds will start at exactly 9:30 am, with registration running from 9:00-9:30 in Blegen Hall Room 220.

Fees/Discounts:
Base fee: $120
Buzzer discount: -$5/system
Staffer discount: -$10
Travel discount: -$10 if travelling >200 miles per Google Maps

Registering: Contact me at [email protected] to register a team. Please include number of teams, buzzers, and staffers in your email. Feel free to send any questions to that address as well.

Field (as of 8/31/2012):
Minnesota (~3)
Gaurav Kandlikar
UCLA
Member of ACF and PACE
Cheynem
Sin

Re: IFT at the University of Minnesota (10/13/2012)

Post by Cheynem »

Is there an outlook for field for this? This is during Morris' "fall break" so I'm tempted to come down and play if there's an opportunity.
Mike Cheyne
Formerly U of Minnesota

"You killed HSAPQ"--Matt Bollinger
Coelacanth
Rikku

Post by Coelacanth »

This is Homecoming Saturday and the mighty undefeated Northwestern Wildcats are coming to town, so get your hotel rooms early!

And plan for more traffic the day of the event. 11 am kickoff means tailgate lots start filling up at about 8.
Brian Weikle
I say what it occurs to me to say when I think I hear people say things. More, I cannot say.
gaurav.kandlikar
Forums Staff: Moderator

Post by gaurav.kandlikar »

Stats for the tournament are here. We ran this is a double round robin. Minnesota D (Andrew Hart) won; Carleton came in second.
Gaurav Kandlikar
UCLA
Member of ACF and PACE