WIT planning

Old college threads.
Tanay
Rikku

WIT planning

Post by Tanay »

Auroni Gupta (formerly of UCSD), Jarret Greene (Ohio State), and Jasper Lee (Ohio State) have generously offered to edit this tournament with us. This set is certainly going to happen.
Tanay
ex-Berkeley, ex-Bellarmine
Rococo A Go Go
Auron

Re: Western Invitational Tournament (March 2013)

Post by Rococo A Go Go »

Tanay wrote:Auroni Gupta (formerly of UCSD), Jarret Greene (Ohio State), and Jasper Lee (Ohio State) have generously offered to edit this tournament with us. This set is certainly going to happen.
This is excellent news. Since I need to update the announcement for our mirror, will teams still need to email packets to you and one other person?
Nicholas C
KQBA member
Black-throated Antshrike
Rikku

Post by Black-throated Antshrike »

Is UVA still hosting the Mid-Atlantic mirror of this?
Joe
Delaware
Tanay
Rikku

Post by Tanay »

Black-throated Antshrike wrote:Is UVA still hosting the Mid-Atlantic mirror of this?
I assume they will be, and they'd have the right of first refusal in any case. They've already reserved a date to host, offered to contribute to an editors' packet, and helped playtest a handful of questions.
Tanay
ex-Berkeley, ex-Bellarmine
Blackboard Monitor Vimes
Auron

Post by Blackboard Monitor Vimes »

Tanay wrote:
Black-throated Antshrike wrote:Is UVA still hosting the Mid-Atlantic mirror of this?
I assume they will be, and they'd have the right of first refusal in any case. They've already reserved a date to host, offered to contribute to an editors' packet, and helped playtest a handful of questions.
Confirming that we would indeed like to host this.
Sam L,
Maggie L. Walker Governor's School 2010 / UVA 2014 / VCU School of Education 2016
PACE
Magister Ludi
Tidus

Post by Magister Ludi »

I don't see any announcement for the Berkeley site, so I'll just post here to say I'll be going to the Berkeley mirror of this tournament. Randomly, I'll be living in San Francisco at the beginning of next year, so contact me if you want to collaborate on a packet and can write science questions.
Ted Gioia - Harvard '12
Editor ACF, PACE
Auroni
Auron

Post by Auroni »

Since it took us a while to get organized, I'm going to move the first packet deadline back to January 1st. Make sure to submit and get that juicy discount!
Auroni Gupta (she/her)