Lisgar's JAMES mirror (Ottawa, ON; Nov 16)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Fado Alexandrino
Yuna

Lisgar's JAMES mirror (Ottawa, ON; Nov 16)

Post by Fado Alexandrino »

Due to popular demand by a few veterans in an otherwise young and growing quizbowl circuit for a non-novice fall event, I have decided to mirror JAMES on November 16, 2013 at Lisgar Collegiate Institute in Ottawa, Ontario Canada.

All high school students are welcome to play! The costs are as follows:
$50 per team
-$10 for signing up before November
-$20 for being new to QB (if you were eligible for the October Novice tournament you count as new to QB)
-$10 for each 100km (one way) from Ottawa.
(Minimum Fee = $10)
Team Cap = 11 teams.

Players should already be aware that this is the week before the 9th annual Ottawa Quizbowl Tournament: http://www.hsquizbowl.org/forums/viewto ... =1&t=14920. This was the only date in the fall that was free to hold a tournament. The addition of this tournament allows players unable to go to OQT to have access to an open fall tournament and to allow more experienced players to have a more difficult fall tournament (as the other two tournaments in the region are on SCOP Novice 4 and IS-129A).

The details of the set can be found here: http://www.hsquizbowl.org/forums/viewto ... 09&t=14053.

Email me at joe235@gmail for questions/registration etc.

Teams so far:
Woburn (2)
Merivale (1)
Bell (1)
Colonel By (2-3)
Lisgar (3-4)

Please meet in the cafeteria promptly at 8:45. Lunch should be for an hour somewhere around 12-1, and the tournament should end before 5.
Joe Su, OCT
Lisgar 2012, McGill 2015, McGill 2019, Queen's 2020
Fado Alexandrino
Yuna

Re: Lisgar's JAMES mirror (Ottawa, ON; Nov 16)

Post by Fado Alexandrino »

So this tournament happened.

Colonel By A won the tournament, and Lisgar A came second.

Jeff from Merivale was the top scorer.

The database entry can be found here:
http://www.hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/1719
Joe Su, OCT
Lisgar 2012, McGill 2015, McGill 2019, Queen's 2020
UlyssesInvictus
Yuna

Post by UlyssesInvictus »

Hi all! I hope that the tournament went well and everyone who played enjoyed the set. As mirrors have yet to be played on this set, please refrain from discussing this set with those who have not yet played it.

If you would like to discuss the set or ask for specific questions, you can join a private usergroup on these forums. To join, go to User Control Panel, go to the Usergroups panel, click the radio button under the Select column, scroll to the bottom of the page and choose Join Selected. As this is a private group, I will need to admit all requests, so please make clear your identity or that you have already played this set.
Raynor Kuang
quizdb.org
Harvard 2017, TJHSST 2013
I wrote GRAPHIC and FILM
bsmith
Tidus

Post by bsmith »

There were some great teams today (good to see 4 different schools in top 4), but Colonel By just set a high bar for the rest of Ottawa and Ontario this year. Lisgar's streak at Ontario provincials will definitely be challenged…
Ben Smith
Ottawa '08 & '10