ACF Regionals Texas @ Rice (March 1-2)

Old college threads.
Romero
Wakka

ACF Regionals Texas @ Rice (March 1-2)

Post by Romero »

Texas Quiz Bowl will host a 2014 mirror of ACF Regionals at Rice University on Saturday, March 1st ad Sunday March 2nd. This event is part of the fifth edition of Texas Invitational and will be the second tournament of the two tournament weekend. The event will start at approximately 2:00 p.m. on Saturday at the conclusion of the first event. We will play through approximately 10 p.m. on Saturday and play again on Sunday beginning at 8 a.m. The tournament should end by 1 p.m. on Sunday. This event is open to both high school and college teams. Please email romeroc-at-gmail-dot-com to register.

Packet Submission:
Every team with at least one person on it who played a regular, collegiate, academic quizbowl tournament prior to September 1, 2012 is required to submit a packet. Please note that, like last year, this requirement also applies to eligible high school teams. Further information can be found at the ACF Packet Submission Guidelines.

The submission schedule for this tournament is: (note that these are Saturdays, not Sundays)
December 21, 2013: -$50
January 4, 2014: -$25 (-$50 for optional packets)
January 18, 2014: no penalty (-$25 for optional packets)
February 1, 2014: +$25
February 8, 2014: +$50
After that: +$10 for each additional day you're late. Teams that are required to submit a packet and do not won't be allowed to play.

Please submit your packet to [email protected]; the actual email with attached packet should include the phrase "[name of school + A/B/etc. if applicable) PACKET" in the subject line. In order to meet any particular deadline, your packet must be in our inbox by 11:59 pm PST on the stated day.

Packet Penalties: Be sure to fully read the information contained in the Packet Guidelines. Any cases of incorrect formatting, plagiarism, or prohibited question types will result in hefty fees. The editors also reserve the right to send back any egregious cases to be fixed by the team in question, so be sure to do it right the first time.

Please submit all questions/comments/etc. regarding this event to [email protected], or post them in the thread. Running packet list (with deadlines/penalties) will appear below as soon as packets begin to come in.
Chris Romero
Texas Quiz Bowl Alliance & Louisiana Quiz Bowl Alliance
Quiz Bowl Coach
Former Player, Texas A&M University ('96-'07)
Former Player, Catholic High School-New Iberia, LA ('92-'96)
Susan
Forums Staff: Administrator

Re: ACF Regionals Texas @ Rice (March 1-2)

Post by Susan »

In addition to emailing Chris to register, teams must fill out this form. The list of teams who have registered for this tournament may be found here.
Susan
UChicago alum (AB 2003, PhD 2009)
Member emerita, ACF
1992 in spaceflight
Auron

Post by 1992 in spaceflight »

It looks like stats are up here (although these may be incomplete?).

EDIT: I think I see where they're incomplete now. It looks like 2 games are missing in the bottom bracket.
Jacob O'Rourke
Washington (MO) HS Assistant Coach (2014-Present); MOQBA Secretary (2015-Present)
Formerly: AQBL Administrator (2020-2023); HSAPQ Host Contact; NASAT Outreach Coordinator (2016 and 2017); Kirksville HS Assistant Coach (2012-2014); Truman State '14; and Pacific High (MO) '10

Like MOQBA on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!
Victor Prieto
Auron

Post by Victor Prieto »

The Two Hearts of Kwasi Boachi wrote:It looks like stats are up here (although these may be incomplete?).

EDIT: I think I see where they're incomplete now. It looks like 2 games are missing in the bottom bracket.
I think the reason is because the bottom bracket got really messy after Oklahoma dropped out after the prelims. What ended up happening is one of the bye teams would end up substituting in. I'm not sure why only two of Oklahoma's forfeits have been added, though (there should be four). In case you were wondering, Rice A's PPB for that last missing game was 100/6, or 16.67.
Victor Prieto
Secretary, PACE
Tower Hill School '11 | Rice University '15 | Penn State University '21
Writer: NAQT (2019-present) | Writer, Editor: HSAPQ (2013-2016)
Member (and lots of other stuff): PACE (2015-present)