KPAQT V @ Kings Park High School (March 21, 2015) IS 145A

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Rob Celeste
Lulu

KPAQT V @ Kings Park High School (March 21, 2015) IS 145A

Post by Rob Celeste »

Kings Park High School will be hosting its fifth annual Quiz Bowl Tournament (KPAQT V) on Saturday March 21, 2015 (200 East Main Street, Kings Park, NY 11754). We are centrally located on Long Island making it easy for schools throughout the tri-state area to attend. The location of the high school is 40 minutes East of Manhattan.

Questions
The tournament will use NAQT's Invitational Series set IS-145A. Questions are 20/20 format with 20 tossups in a round each accompanied by bonus questions valued up to 30 points.

The day will begin with registration at 7:30 a.m. and a complimentary breakfast in our cafeteria. The first round will begin promptly at 9:00 a.m. The teams will be randomly bracketed to compete in five preliminary rounds.

The top performing teams (based on win-loss record) will proceed to a round-robin style playoff rounds. The top 10% of teams will qualify for NAQT National’s Tournament. More information will be provided as registration forms are completed and returned.

Fees
Base fee: $80 for the first team and $70 for each additional team. There is no limit to the number of teams that attend from one school.
Buzzer discount: $10 off school's total fee for each fully functional system). There is no limit to the number of systems you can bring.
Moderator discount: $10 off school's total fee. Coaches, parents, and students all count so long as they don't play and have experience moderating.
Travel: $10 off the school's fee for every 150 miles travelled one-way from your school's address to Kings Park High School (utilizing Google Maps).

Registration
For this tournament, you MUST email complete the registration form on Google at:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1lbHd5v ... =send_form

Once your registration is received, your school’s information will be updated on the forums. However, feel free to contact me if you have any questions. If you know of any schools that would like to attend, just forward them the link to this announcement.

Payment
Payment is due on the day of the tournament. Besides cash, checks can be made out to “Kings Park High School.”

Food
No breakfast will be provided this year. However, a list of local eateries will be provided to each team in the event you wanted to leave for lunch. As in the past, there will be an option for schools to order pizza which will be delivered to the high school. More will be provided as we approach the tournament date.

We look forward to seeing you on March 21st!

Teams Signed Up (as of March 20, 2015)
TOTAL = 32 teams
School: No. of Teams/No. of Buzzer Systems/No. of Moderators

Farmingdale: 1 Team/1 Buzzer System
Kellenberg: 3 Teams/3 Buzzer Systems/2 Moderators
North Babylon: 3 Teams/3 Buzzer System
The Wheatley School: 2 Teams/1 Buzzer System
Gotham: 2 Teams
Mineola: 1 Team
Half Hollow Hills East: 2 Teams/2 Buzzer Systems
Stuyvesant High School: 2 Teams
Port Jefferson: 2 Teams
Plainedge: 3 Teams/1 Buzzer System
E.O. Smith: 2 Teams/1 Buzzer System
Half Hollow Hills West: 2 Teams
Middlesex Middle School: 1 Team/4 Buzzers
Jericho: 2 Teams
Henderson High School: 1 Team
Ithaca: 2 Teams/1 Buzzer
Team Halftime (Livingston): 1 Team/1 Buzzer
Last edited by Rob Celeste on Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:51 am, edited 22 times in total.
Rob Celeste
Kings Park High Quiz Bowl Coach
Kings Park, NY
Monstruos de Bolsillo
Wakka

Re: KPAQT V @ Kings Park High School (March 21, 2015) IS 145

Post by Monstruos de Bolsillo »

What is the field cap for this tournament?
Alex Sankaran
West Chester '17-'21
Henderson (PA) '12-'16
Rob Celeste
Lulu

Post by Rob Celeste »

At this time, we will max the number of teams at 48. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Rob Celeste
Kings Park, NY
Rob Celeste
Lulu

Post by Rob Celeste »

All Team Coaches and Captains,

With less than a month until KPAQT, please ensure that you read over my email confirming details pertaining to the tournament. If you did not receive an email, please contact me at [email protected].

Thanks!
Rob Celeste
Kings Park, NY
Rob Celeste
Lulu

Post by Rob Celeste »

Just as an update, tomorrow's trivia tournament (KPAQT V) is on as scheduled! Coaches, please check your email to ensure you received the updated details.

Please park in the rear parking lot located off of Lawrence Road. There will be a sign on the entrance door to the rear of the building for all to enter.

As a reminder, registration opens at 7:30 a.m., the moderator/scorekeeper meeting will be at 8:30 a.m., and round 1 will start at 9:00 a.m.

If there are any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. My email is [email protected]. Also, the recent email I sent contains my cell number (which is probably the best method of contact from this point forward).

Thank you and I will see everyone tomorrow morning!

Rob
Rob Celeste
Kings Park, NY
lsds
Kimahri

Post by lsds »

Gotham would like to thank you for the well-run tournament, as well as posting the results extremely quickly!
Luke D'Cruz
Team Gotham (Regis High School '17) | Captain
The Polebarn Hotel
Wakka

Post by The Polebarn Hotel »

Both of Ithaca's teams had a great time at this tournament - it was well-worth the long journey down. I'd like to personally thank the staffers for being really friendly and helpful, and for getting stats up so quickly.

I noticed in the stats that in our game against North Babylon, it says that we heard 80 tossups - I didn't notice any egregious errors, though I haven't looked at them in much detail. Thanks again for a pleasant tournament experience!
Casey Wetherbee
Ithaca '17
Georgetown '21
NAQT Writer
jonah
Auron

Post by jonah »

Crazyflight wrote:I noticed in the stats that in our game against North Babylon, it says that we heard 80 tossups - I didn't notice any egregious errors, though I haven't looked at them in much detail. Thanks again for a pleasant tournament experience!
Fixed.
Jonah Greenthal
National Academic Quiz Tournaments
The Polebarn Hotel
Wakka

Post by The Polebarn Hotel »

jonah wrote:
Crazyflight wrote:I noticed in the stats that in our game against North Babylon, it says that we heard 80 tossups - I didn't notice any egregious errors, though I haven't looked at them in much detail. Thanks again for a pleasant tournament experience!
Fixed.
https://www.naqt.com/stats/individual-p ... _id=282686
It still says so in the individual stats. Interesting.
Casey Wetherbee
Ithaca '17
Georgetown '21
NAQT Writer
jonah
Auron

Post by jonah »

Crazyflight wrote:
jonah wrote:
Fixed.
https://www.naqt.com/stats/individual-p ... _id=282686
It still says so in the individual stats. Interesting.
Heh, this actually makes perfect sense to me (i.e., I get why it happened). But it's boring. Anyway, fixed now.
Jonah Greenthal
National Academic Quiz Tournaments
Monstruos de Bolsillo
Wakka

Post by Monstruos de Bolsillo »

Henderson would like to thank everyone at Kings Park High School for hosting a wonderful tournament. We really enjoyed ourselves and it was well-worth the long drive. Many thanks for being so accommodating to our needs, and we want to come back next year.
Alex Sankaran
West Chester '17-'21
Henderson (PA) '12-'16