West Point SMART Tournament - Available for Mirroring

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
quizbowllee
Auron

West Point SMART Tournament - Available for Mirroring

Post by quizbowllee »

If you need a set of questions, but don't have to have a ton of rounds, West Point is creating our first-ever house-written tournament this year.

Named SMART (Student-made Academic Rivalry Tournament) - in honor of Mr. Kaleb Smart who made a nice donation to our team, this tournament will have 10 rounds and will be written by the high school team at West Point. I will serve as the primary editor of the set. Before releasing the set to mirrors, it will be used in our invitational tournament in Alabama on Sept. 19. This will serve as the ultimate play-test of the set. I will take feedback from teams in attendance to address any issues.

Difficulty level is relatively low. We are shooting for between NAQT A-Series and Regular IS. Tossups will be (generously) power-marked and mirror hosts have permission to move or eliminate the power marks as they see fit.

Distribution will be (roughly):

4/4 Lit
4/4 History
4/4 Science/non-comp Math
2/2 - Art/Music
2/2 Religion/Myth
2/2 Current Events/Misc.
1/1 Pop Culture/Trash
1/1 Other Social Science or Humanities

Here's the bargain: You can mirror this set for a flat fee of $50, regardless of the number of teams in attendance.

This might be a good set for a small tournament, a local league, or just to have an intramural tournament.

The set will be available for mirroring starting Oct. 1. Please e-mail me at [email protected] if you are interested.

Thanks!
Lee Henry
AP Lit and APUSH Teacher
Quiz Bowl Coach
West Point High School
President-Elect/Past President- Alabama Scholastic Competition Association (ASCA)
crbirdx

Re: West Point SMART Tournament - Available for Mirroring

Post by crbirdx »

We would like to mirror this on 11/14/15 at Huntington HS (near Chillicothe, OH)
Stained Diviner
Auron

Post by Stained Diviner »

New Trier in IL: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17965
David Reinstein
Head Writer and Editor for Scobol Solo, Masonics, and IESA; TD for Scobol Solo and Reinstein Varsity; IHSSBCA Board Member; IHSSBCA Chair (2004-2014); PACE President (2016-2018)
CGismondiCC
Wakka

Post by CGismondiCC »

I emailed a couple weeks ago about mirroring this set. Apparently my emails are being delivered as spam. I just wanted to confirm that DCC is interested in using this set for this weekend. Please feel free to email me again [email protected]
Christopher J. Gismondi, Detroit Catholic Catholic Central Head Coach
quizbowllee
Auron

Post by quizbowllee »

I appears that our email addresses do NOT like each other at all. I sent you an email yesterday and another today. Let me know if you got them, please.
Lee Henry
AP Lit and APUSH Teacher
Quiz Bowl Coach
West Point High School
President-Elect/Past President- Alabama Scholastic Competition Association (ASCA)
CGismondiCC
Wakka

Post by CGismondiCC »

I did receive your emails and just replied to them.
Christopher J. Gismondi, Detroit Catholic Catholic Central Head Coach