BUTT results

Old college threads.
grapesmoker
Sin

BUTT results

Post by grapesmoker »

4 teams participated in BUTT today, which was held at Brandeis. After 11 rounds, Eric Kwartler and Columbia were tied in record, with Columbia having a 2-1 head-to-head lead and (probably) a lead in overall PPG. Top scorers were Eric Kwartler, Dan Passner, Ted Geiger, and some other people. Full stats will be posted within the next couple of days.

Thanks to everyone who came out to this tournament and made it possible, and my apologies to MIT who ended up waiting for quite some time at the Commuter Rail station in Riverside. A huge thank-you to Dan Passner for securing rooms at Brandeis for us. Thanks to my co-editors at UCLA (Dwight Wynne, Charles Meigs, and Ray Luo) for their help on the packet set, and thanks to Seth Teitler, Selene Koo, Chris Frankel, Matt Weiner, and Steve Watchorn, who all submitted freelance packets for this event.

I'd like to remind everyone that the questions used at both BUTT and Aztlan Cup will be used again at UNC's AWET, so if you have heard the questions, please refrain from discussing them in the public fora until those events have taken place.
Jerry Vinokurov
ex-LJHS, ex-Berkeley, ex-Brown, sorta-ex-CMU
presently: John Jay College Economics
code ape, loud voice, general nuissance
NatusRoma
Lulu

Post by NatusRoma »

Though we did not attend due to the fact that it was Yale's Spring Break, I'd like to thank Jerry for his efforts to bring another academic packet submission tournament to New England.
grapesmoker
Sin

Post by grapesmoker »

Stats are available here:

http://physics.brown.edu/physics/userpa ... dings.html

The reason for the bizarre standings is that Harvard decided not to show up without telling us, so two games were played under the assumption that they would eventually come. After it became obvious that Harvard wasn't coming, we switched to a triple round-robin with Brown and Brandeis combining to form Browndeis. As you can see, taking into account previous results, Columbia is the winner.
Jerry Vinokurov
ex-LJHS, ex-Berkeley, ex-Brown, sorta-ex-CMU
presently: John Jay College Economics
code ape, loud voice, general nuissance
Rothlover
Yuna

Post by Rothlover »

Thanks should clearly go out to Jerry as well as to the freelancers, for the time and effort put in. In the case of the former, it was a lot of work to have put into the second academic tournament in the region in three weeks to draw a mere four teams...
Dan Passner Brandeis '06 JTS/Columbia '11-'12 Ben Gurion University of the Negev/Columbia '12?