The new naqt.com

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

The new naqt.com

Post by Important Bird Area »

We've just completed an extensive redesign of naqt.com.

If you see anything that looks out of place, confusing, wrong, or nonfunctional, please contact our tech team ([email protected]).
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
tksaleija
Wakka

Re: The new naqt.com

Post by tksaleija »

The new layout looks great! Much more streamlined and easier to find information, which might encourage more teams to attend NAQT competitions. Excellent job (I know this isn't a suggestion or issue, but I just wanted to give my two cents)!
Aleija Rodriguez
University of Michigan 202x
MCMC/MCCC 2019
Ben Dillon
Rikku

Post by Ben Dillon »

I like the map for upcoming tournaments. It would be good to add more filters, e.g. by sets (so that you can find sites that are playing sets you haven't heard yet) and dates.
Ben Dillon, Saint Joseph HS

"Why, sometimes I've believed as many as
six impossible things before breakfast!"
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

Post by Important Bird Area »

Ben Dillon wrote:I like the map for upcoming tournaments. It would be good to add more filters, e.g. by sets (so that you can find sites that are playing sets you haven't heard yet) and dates.
We're not sure what a good user interface for this would look like (keeping in mind that we regularly have dozens of sets in use, and would need to account for question-sharing between our national-format sets and state-specific sets). Suggestions welcome.
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
Ben Dillon
Rikku

Post by Ben Dillon »

Important Bird Area wrote:We're not sure what a good user interface for this would look like (keeping in mind that we regularly have dozens of sets in use, and would need to account for question-sharing between our national-format sets and state-specific sets). Suggestions welcome.
In the filter area, you'd have a filter by set that would include only the current year's sets.

jonah
Auron

Post by jonah »

Ben Dillon wrote:
Important Bird Area wrote:We're not sure what a good user interface for this would look like (keeping in mind that we regularly have dozens of sets in use, and would need to account for question-sharing between our national-format sets and state-specific sets). Suggestions welcome.
In the filter area, you'd have a filter by set that would include only the current year's sets.
That doesn't work for a variety of reasons, but how's this?
Jonah Greenthal
National Academic Quiz Tournaments
Ben Dillon
Rikku

Post by Ben Dillon »

jonah wrote:
Ben Dillon wrote:
I like it. Was that always there and I missed it or did you add it? :)

jonah
Auron

Post by jonah »

Ben Dillon wrote:
jonah wrote:
Ben Dillon wrote:
I like it. Was that always there and I missed it or did you add it? :)
It was my late-last-night project.
Jonah Greenthal
High Dependency Unit
Yuna

Post by High Dependency Unit »

I don't know if this is possible, but it would be really awesome to be able to sort programs by their "program status," or even if they just have a listed coach/contact as I'm currently going through a list of the 190 CT schools in the database and clicking on the links to get that information.
Michael Borecki
Middlesex Middle '13,
Darien (co-captain) '17,
Bowdoin College (club president) '21
jonah
Auron

Post by jonah »

2017 in amusement parks wrote:I don't know if this is possible, but it would be really awesome to be able to sort programs by their "program status," or even if they just have a listed coach/contact as I'm currently going through a list of the 190 CT schools in the database and clicking on the links to get that information.
Shoot me an e-mail at [email protected], please. And be glad you're not in California (2,339 schools in our database).
Jonah Greenthal
tksaleija
Wakka

Post by tksaleija »

This may or may not be intentional, but there are certain national championships missing from that national championships page when you open the naqt site on mobile. See below:
Attachments
Screenshot_20180420-100820.png
(227.57 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Aleija Rodriguez
MCMC/MCCC 2019
jonah
Auron

Post by jonah »

tksaleija wrote:This may or may not be intentional, but there are certain national championships missing from that national championships page when you open the naqt site on mobile. See below:
It's working for me in Safari on iOS 11.4. Given the cutoff point I suspect this is a scrolling issue—can you scroll and see the rest? Feel free to e-mail me with more details of your setup.
Jonah Greenthal
Krik? Krik?! KRIIIIK!!!
Rikku

Post by Krik? Krik?! KRIIIIK!!! »

Hi! I love listening to the podcasts on the NAQT website and I appreciate that they're much easier to access, analyze scores about, and then link to other pages regarding teams, players, etc. Thank you!
Ganon Evans
Misconduct Representative
ACF President, PACE VP of Editing, MOQBA
Francis Howell High School 2018, University of Iowa 2021
jonah
Auron

Post by jonah »

jonah wrote:
tksaleija wrote:This may or may not be intentional, but there are certain national championships missing from that national championships page when you open the naqt site on mobile. See below:
It's working for me in Safari on iOS 11.4. Given the cutoff point I suspect this is a scrolling issue—can you scroll and see the rest? Feel free to e-mail me with more details of your setup.
I think this is fixed now, thanks to some help from Jim Puls (read: he did it). It's possible your browser will cache the old version of a relevant file for a day or two, so you may need to do a hard refresh or be patient. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.
Jonah Greenthal
tksaleija
Wakka

Post by tksaleija »

Looks good now, glad I could help!
Aleija Rodriguez
MCMC/MCCC 2019