ACF Fall 2018 @ Stanford (November 3)

Old college threads.
Dantooine is Big!
Rikku

ACF Fall 2018 @ Stanford (November 3)

Post by Dantooine is Big! »

I am pleased to announce the Northern California site of ACF Fall 2018, to be held at Stanford University on Saturday, 3 November 2018.

Registration
Registration for this event has two steps:
First, please write to me at [email protected] with team name, number, and buzzer/staffer information.
Second, fill out the central ACF Fall registration form with all relevant information.

Fees
Base fee: $135

Buzzer: -$5/functional system

Staffers: -$10/staffer

Shorthanded fee (teams of 1 or 2 players): $60

"New to Quizbowl" discount: $100

Packet Discounts/Penalties
Any team with at least one person on it who played a regular, collegiate, academic quizbowl tournament prior to September 1, 2017 is required to submit a packet.

Half-packet templates will be sent out to your team after you have submitted the registration form. If you have questions on the submission guidelines, email them to [email protected] and they'll clarify.

Please submit packets to [email protected] and use “ACF Fall 2018: [Team Name]” in the subject line.

Submission schedule
September 8: -$30

September 22: -$15 (-$30 if optional)

October 6: no penalty (-$15 if optional)

October 13: +$25

October 20: +$50

Packets submitted later than October 20 will receive an additional penalty.

Note Regarding Highschool Teams
High school teams are not allowed to register for this mirror of ACF Fall.

For more information, consult the global announcement or email the editors at [email protected].

Current field: (teams/buzzers/moderators)
De Anza (1/1/0)
Berkeley (3/2/many)
UC Davis (1/1/1)
Last edited by Dantooine is Big! on Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Young Fenimore Lee (they/them)
Stevenson High School 2017
Stanford 2021
The New School 2023
Ohio University 2028
Dantooine is Big!
Rikku

Re: ACF Fall 2018 @ Stanford (November 3)

Post by Dantooine is Big! »

Bumping this because the no penalty deadline is coming up next week and I haven't received any registrations for this tournament yet. If you're interested in playing, please make sure to follow all the steps outlined in the post above! If you emailed me with a registration and I didn't reply to you (which should be, anyone who emailed me, since I haven't received any afaik), please PM me and I'll take care of it. Thanks!
Young Fenimore Lee (they/them)
Stevenson High School 2017
Stanford 2021
The New School 2023
Ohio University 2028
ashwin99
Lulu

Re: ACF Fall 2018 @ Stanford (November 3)

Post by ashwin99 »

Thank you to the teams who came to ACF Fall and the readers who made it possible! Congratulations to Stanford for winning first place in a finals game against UC Davis. Stats are available here: http://hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/52 ... 2B_finals/
Ashwin Ramaswami
Communications Director, ACF (2018-2019)
Stanford University (2017-2021), Chattahoochee High School (2013-2017)

Try this free mobile app Tycho: Play Quizbowl and Science Bowl to study or read packets while on the go.