Spartan Housewrite Online II (Closed) (March 30)

Old college threads.
A Dim-Witted Saboteur
Yuna

Spartan Housewrite Online II (Closed) (March 30)

Post by A Dim-Witted Saboteur »

Given multiple mirror cancellations, our team felt it was fair to offer a second online mirror of Spartan Housewrite for March 30. The fee structure will be $100 per team, payable via venmo (strongly preferred) to Jakob Myers or by a check written to the MSU Academic Competition club (once again, contact Harris for the address). This tournament will begin at 10:00 AM EDT. Please send an email on which both Harris ([email protected]) and I ([email protected]) are CCed to register (if you do not do this, you will not be included in the field). Please do so as soon as possible, given the accelerated time frame of this mirror. Given that an open mirror has already taken place, this mirror will be available to closed high school and collegiate teams only (if you are a high school team, please confirm that your state's NASAT trials are not using Spartan Housewrite, as I know several are, before registering).

We are also soliciting moderators for this event, whom we plan to compensate for their time. If interested, please contact the emails listed above.

Note: Wright State is also hosting an in-person mirror of the tournament on the same date for those of you who are into that sort of thing.

Field:
Toronto
North Carolina (x2)
Maryland (x2)
Stanford
Last edited by A Dim-Witted Saboteur on Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jakob M. (they/them)
Michigan State '21, Indiana '2?
"No one has ever organized a greater effort to get people interested in pretending to play quiz bowl"
-Ankit Aggarwal
A Dim-Witted Saboteur
Yuna

Re: Spartan Housewrite Online II (Closed) (March 30)

Update: This is in 5 days, and we'd like to see as many teams as possible register. Please do so by Friday morning; I plan to close the field then.
Jakob M. (they/them)
"No one has ever organized a greater effort to get people interested in pretending to play quiz bowl"
-Ankit Aggarwal
A Dim-Witted Saboteur
Yuna

Our field is currently sitting at 5 teams, so I'll wait a bit longer to close the field in hopes that another will sign up. Please do so quickly if you're on the fence!

Edit: field closed
Jakob M. (they/them)
-Ankit Aggarwal
A Dim-Witted Saboteur
Yuna

This happened (mostly) successfully! Stats are here. Congratulations to Maryland B (Jack Lewis, Vishwa Shanmugam, Jason Shi) for defeating Maryland A (Caleb Kendrick, Weijia Cheng, Graham Reid, and Justin Hawkins) in a thrilling one-game final! Congratulations are also due to this tournament's top scorer, Natan Holtzman. My thanks to everyone who helped out: Connor Teevens and Daniel Hothem for staffing, Harris Bunker for setting up the server, and especially Colin McNamara for stepping in to read two rounds with no notice after Connor's internet connection crapped out. We encourage anyone who played to join the discussion forum to let us know what you thought about the set!
Jakob M. (they/them)
-Ankit Aggarwal