Colorado end-of-year tournament (5/18)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Wartortullian
Rikku

Colorado end-of-year tournament (5/18)

Post by Wartortullian »

The University of Colorado Boulder will be hosting a mirror of WHAQ III on May 18, 2019.

Location and schedule:
The tournament will be held on May 18 the Engineering Center (subject to change). The tournament will begin at 9:45 AM MST, and teams should arrive by 9:15 Additional information will be emailed to registered teams.

Registration emails should be sent to [email protected]. Please let us know how many teams, staffers, and buzzers your school will be bringing.

Fees:
$30 per team
Buzzer discount: -$5/functional system
Staffer discount: -$10/staffer
Minimum fee: $15/team

We're committed to making quizbowl accessible for all teams regardless of financial status. If the fee structure here would be a financial burden on your team, please email me.

Field cap:
Since it's summer and we're a bit shorthanded, we're capping the field at 8 teams.

Current field:
Fort Collins
Boulder
Regis

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to email me at [email protected].
If you'd like more information about quiz bowl in Colorado, check out this website operated by the CU Boulder team. It contains resources for coaches and players, as well as a list of local tournaments.
Last edited by Wartortullian on Thu May 16, 2019 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
haakonChevalier
Kimahri

Re: Colorado end-of-year tournament (5/18)

Post by haakonChevalier »

Hi Matt, my team from Fort Collins High School would love to play in this tournament if its still happening. Sent you a registration email with details.
Henry Cafaro
Fort Collins High School '20
Chicago '25
Wartortullian
Rikku

Re: Colorado end-of-year tournament (5/18)

Post by Wartortullian »

Congrats to Boulder B for winning the tournament, and to Henry Cafaro from Fort Collins for being the top scorer! All teams played exceedingly well, and this was a very fun tournament to watch.

Stats are here.
Matt