Fall Open Canadian Mirror @ McMaster - November 23rd, 2019

Old college threads.
kanenguyen9
Lulu

Fall Open Canadian Mirror @ McMaster - November 23rd, 2019

Post by kanenguyen9 »

The McMaster Trivia Club is delighted to announce that the Canadian mirror of Fall Open 2019 will be happening in Hamilton, ON on Saturday, November 23rd. More information about Fall Open 2019 can be found via the following link.

Location and Start Time
McMaster University Student Centre (MUSC) will be the venue of the tournament, with the control room TBD. Via this map of McMaster University, MUSC is labelled as building 51 with lot B being the closest parking lot. We will be starting the event at 9:30am, but it is advised that staffers and buzzers arrive by 9:10am to ensure that tournament be run smoothly. Lunch will be running between the fifth and sixth rounds.

Registration and Fees
There are 3 ways that a team can register for this tournament: via [email protected], via [email protected], or via FB messenger at Kane Nguyen. Please register by Wednesday, November 20th so I can make a schedule in time. Fees associated with this tournament will be as follows (all in CAD):
<<< Base Fee >>> $125
<<< Incomplete Team Discount >>> -$20 per shorthanded player
<<< Functional Buzzer Discount >>> -$10 per buzzer
<<< Functional Staffer Discount >>> -$10 per staffer with a laptop
<<< Travel Discount >>> -$10 per 200km traveled from home school to McMaster University one way
<<< ‘Peter Cordeiro Memorial’ Newcomer Discount >>> -$25 for any school team that did not send a team to ACF Regionals/NAQT SCT 2019 OR any team that has Peter Cordeiro on their team (eg. Western)
<<< Minimum Fee >>> $80

If you are staffing and are not affiliated with a team, the club will entitle you with a $10 stipend for lunch.

The handling of fees will be settled via cash during the day of the tournament or via e-transfer towards [email protected] before or during the day of the tournament.

Miscellaneous
This tournament is under the ‘open’ designation. Collegiate members are able to form teams with non-collegiate members and vice versa. Additionally, Montcalm CI is also able to play/staff Fall Open 2019.

The hard cap for this event is 12 teams. The tournament will not increase the cap in any circumstance.

I will try to release the tournament schedule on the night of Thursday, November 21st. Schedules will be posted on this forum post, as well as being sent via email/messenger.

Apparently, the other co-president Emmet Blanchet is able to host a team or two on the 22nd. So if your team needs accommodations, please notify me so I can relay that to him (will be done via first come first serve). Unfortunately, I won’t be able to make accommodations to far-travelling teams.

This is all I have to say so far, and I hope to see y’all on the 23rd!
Kane Nguyen
Cameron Heights Collegiate Institute (2013 - 2017)
McMaster University (2017 - 2022)
McMaster University (2022 - 2024)
kanenguyen9
Lulu

Re: Fall Open Canadian Mirror @ McMaster - November 23rd, 2019

Post by kanenguyen9 »

Registration for the event can now be done via the following spreadsheet link, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0, in addition to the other 3 registration methods.
Kane Nguyen
kanenguyen9
Lulu

Post by kanenguyen9 »

This will be the tentative schedule for tomorrow's tournament. There is an amendment where we will having a 9:45am start time instead of 9:30am one.

Edit: I am unable to upload the schedule pdf onto the thread, so dm/e-mail me if you want the schedule, and I'll be glad to send.
Kane Nguyen
kanenguyen9
Lulu

Post by kanenguyen9 »

First of all, I want to thank everyone that came and played at yesterday's [cursed] tournament! Stats are posted on the following link: https://hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/6 ... all_games/.

I also want to congratulate Toronto K for winning the tournament with a record of 7-3! Erik Christensen won the scoring title with a ppg of 45.50!
Kane Nguyen