[SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY] STACKS - Call for Editors (Nats Level, 2020-21)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
TheScientists
Lulu

[SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY] STACKS - Call for Editors (Nats Level, 2020-21)

Post by TheScientists »

[redacted by author]
Last edited by TheScientists on Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:02 am, edited 5 times in total.
Good Goblin Housekeeping
Auron

Re: STACKS - Call for Editors (Nats Level, 2020-21)

Post by Good Goblin Housekeeping »

Hey, not to try to criticize this project before it happens, but aren’t you the kid we had to repeatedly tell not to try running an online event on recycled NHBB questions?
Andrew Wang
Illinois 2016
TheScientists
Lulu

Post by TheScientists »

[redacted by author]
Last edited by TheScientists on Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bhagwan Shammbhagwan
Wakka

Post by Bhagwan Shammbhagwan »

Ameya, there's no need for another Nationals-level set. Your time would be better spent working on an existing regular/regular-minus set, gaining more experience, and doing the community a favor. That way, you may actually get some editors on your team who want to help you improve as writers and you'll have experience to justify you spearheading your own project in the future.

There is also the question of yours and Vishal's reputations. They need serious clearing up before anyone would be stepping on to the editing team.
Hari Parameswaran
Beavercreek High School '19
Georgia Tech '23
ACF, PACE
Gae Bulg
Lulu

Post by Gae Bulg »

Ameya tries to produce a set 2: This Time It’s Functional! I’d suggest that you stop wasting your time by trying to create an unavoidably awful set that will neither get mirrored nor have any semblance of quality whatsoever, since no matter how much you cry wolf about how you “learned from your mistakes,” the mere premise of this set and the fact that you’re its logistics manager may as well damn it to the poor state that it will inevitably end up in. Nobody asked for this set to be created, especially not by you, and it’s probably a good idea to suspend this set and spare your writers their sanity.
Last edited by Gae Bulg on Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Danny Kim
Fremd '21
vishdog101
Lulu

Post by vishdog101 »

I want to make it clear that I offered to write a QUESTION or two once I saw that there was actual potential and that the set had found proper editors and logistical staff. I would appreciate it if I wasn't listed as a permanent writer for the set as I never volunteered to a confirmed long-term writing position on the set at any given point when asked by Ameya to contribute.
vishal sivamani
coppell 21 | jhu 25
aqblsheetsmanager
Lulu

Post by aqblsheetsmanager »

I would like to second Vishal's statement - please don't put me on the "permanent writers" list until you can get actual editors on board and also prove that you or others you bring on board can manage this set well.
AQBL Statsmin