Rowdy Raider Invitational - IS 188 - December 7, 2019

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
djones
Wakka

Rowdy Raider Invitational - IS 188 - December 7, 2019

Post by djones »

The 15th Annual Rowdy Raider Invitational will take place at Northmont High School, Clayton, OH on Saturday, December 7, 2019. We will use NAQT set IS-188.

The initial field cap will be 30 teams, but I will try to open that up if there is interest and I can secure enough competent readers. Each year, this tournament draws an excellent field from Ohio, Kentucky and surrounding states, and we would love to have a large field again this year.

Teams will be broken into 5 preliminary brackets of 6 teams each and will play a round robin. At the conclusion of morning play, teams will be re-bracketed into 5 brackets of 6 to play another round robin, with the top 12 teams at the conclusion of preliminary play being eligible for the tournament championship. A championship match will be played between the winners of the two championship flights in the afternoon. All teams are guaranteed at least 10 games.

We will be using NAQT's online registration again this year. Teams can register for the event by clicking on this link: https://www.naqt.com/registration/field ... t_id=10703

FEES:
First Team: $65
Each Additional Team: $55
BUZZER DISCOUNT: -$5 per buzzer system, limit one per team that you are bringing.
MODERATOR DISCOUNT: -$10 for a competent moderator. Please let me know in advance if you are planning to claim this discount. Given that this tournament draws a strong field each year and we want the best possible readers available, we may deny some requests.

Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you have any questions! Hope to see you in Clayton in December!
Last edited by djones on Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
David Jones
Coach, Northmont High School
djones
Wakka

Re: Rowdy Raider Invitational - IS 188 - December 7, 2019

Post by djones »

Current Field (30 of 30):
Beavercreek (1)
Carmel (2)
Clermont Northeastern (1)
Cloverleaf (2)
Copley (2)
Dublin Scioto (1)
Dunbar (2)
Fisher Catholic (1)
Little Miami (2)
Miami Valley (2)
Northmont (1)
Northmont Middle School (1)
Oakwood (1)
Russell (2)
Sidney (1)
Solon (2)
St. Charles (2)
Talawanda (1)
Tippecanoe (1)
Woodford County (2)
Last edited by djones on Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:09 pm, edited 15 times in total.
David Jones
djones
Wakka

Post by djones »

The Rowdy Raider Invitational has been given Platinum status by PACE, meaning that the top 25% of the field will qualify to the 2020 PACE NSC in Chicago. Teams can register at the link above which will take you to NAQT's website. We are currently just over 1/3 of the way to our cap.
David Jones
djones
Wakka

Post by djones »

We are now slightly over half full for the Rowdy Raider Invitational. Any teams interested in attending can register on the NAQT site here: https://www.naqt.com/registration/field ... t_id=10703
David Jones
djones
Wakka

Post by djones »

We only have three spots left for this year's tournament. If anyone is interested who has not yet registered, please let me know. Thanks!
David Jones
djones
Wakka

Post by djones »

Field is now full. Any teams interested in attending can email me at [email protected] and I will see if we can secure enough rooms/readers to expand the field.
David Jones
djones
Wakka

Post by djones »

Congratulations to Miami Valley, who won the 15th Annual Rowdy Raider Invitational. Miami Valley defeated Dunbar A in an advantaged final after Dunbar emerged from a circle of death with Woodford County A and Northmont A.

Top 12 teams were:
(1) Miami Valley A
(2) Dunbar A
(T3) Beavercreek, Russell A, Copley A, Northmont, Woodford County A
(8) Solon A
(9) Clermont Northeastern
(T10) Dublin Scioto, Woodford County B
(12) St. Charles A

Final stats can be found here: https://hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/5936/

Thanks to all teams who attended and to all of the coaches and outside readers who came to help, including Tommy Segi, Joe Czupryn, Brandon Williams, Jimmy Fritchman, Brett Bickel, Alex Connor, Mike Sedlack, Tyler Benedict, Kara Combs, Emily Bingham, Juli Cohen, Ryan Kirby, Breanna Dominguez, Peter Bergman, Nour Hijazi, and Missy Hardy. You all made today's event run as smoothly as it did and I thank you more than I can express.

Hope to see you all back next year and in January for our OAC event!!
David Jones