NAQT SCT @ Auburn (2/8/20)

Old college threads.
Zealots of Stockholm
Tidus

NAQT SCT @ Auburn (2/8/20)

Post by Zealots of Stockholm »

Hello! I am happy to announce that Auburn University (Auburn, AL) will be hosting the Southeast site of NAQT's Sectional Championship Tournament (SCT) on February 8, 2020.

The tournament will take place at the Haley Center. The address for the building is 351 W Thach Ave Auburn, AL 36830. Parking will be available at the stadium deck, which is the pink and navy lot marked "D" on this map:https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=ht ... egUIARDfAQ.

If you need any help with travel to Auburn, parking, or lodging email me!

Entry Fees and Discounts:
Base Registration Fee: $145.00 per team
New Program (SCT) Discount: $20.00 per team. A program is considered new if no team from its school competed in an SCT, CC SCT, ICT, or CCCT in either of the two previous full competition years.
Buzzer System Discount: $10.00 each
Team-Provided Staff Discount: $40.00 each. Must be approved by the tournament director (I will only be approving those who can moderate; NAQT rules request that readers be able to complete a 22 question round in 21 minutes).
Multiple-Team Discount: $25.00 per team after the first

The deadline for confirmed registration closes one week before the tournament (2/1/20), teams attempting to register after that will only be accepted if we have room and ample staff.

Payment can be made in cash or via a check addressed to “Auburn Quiz Bowl.” Payment must be made on the day of the tournament. Any team that needs an invoice in advance should email me as soon as they would like one.

You can register at this link: https://www.naqt.com/registration/regis ... &type=TEAM It would be appreciated if you also emailed me at [email protected].

Eligibility:
This tournament will have two separate divisions (unless there are fewer than 4 D1 teams), which will use different question sets. To determine which division your team is eligible to play in, see NAQT's Division II policy.

Food:
There are food options in the Student Center adjacent to Haley, including Chick-fil-A, Steak and Shake, and Starbucks.
Chandler West
Staff, Emory
Vanderbilt University '22
Auburn University '20
Good Hope High School (Cullman, AL) '16
Full Member, ACF; Member, PACE
Writer/editor, ACF, PACE, IQBT
Zealots of Stockholm
Tidus

Re: NAQT SCT @ Auburn (2/8/20)

For field updates, use the following link on NAQT's website!
https://www.naqt.com/registration/field ... t_id=11237
Chandler West
Staff, Emory
Auburn University '20
Zealots of Stockholm
Tidus

Barring any drops, the field for this tournament has been closed, with 4 teams in DI and 8 teams in DII. I look forward to seeing everyone Saturday!
Chandler West
Staff, Emory
Auburn University '20
Zealots of Stockholm
Tidus

This happened, with Georgia Tech A winning DI, followed by Georgia Tech B. Vanderbilt A won DII, followed by Georgia B.

Stats can be found here: https://hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/6362/. Thanks to all the teams for coming out today and I hope everyone had a good time!
Chandler West
Staff, Emory
Auburn University '20