2020 LIT at Auburn

Old college threads.
trevorhart
Kimahri

2020 LIT at Auburn

Post by trevorhart »

I am pleased to announce that Auburn University will be hosting the Southeast mirror of LIT on Saturday, March 21, 2020. The tournament will be hosted on the Auburn University campus in the Haley Center (351 W Thach Concourse, Auburn, AL 36849). This is a closed tournament, but high schools may play. Trevor Hart will be the tournament director for this tournament.

The tournament's main announcement can be found here:
This tournament is a medium difficulty, akin to the past years' Penn Bowls, and is intended to be played by college teams of all skill levels.

LOCATION, PARKING, TIME:
This tournament will take place in the Haley Center (351 W Thach Concourse, Auburn, AL 36849). The closest parking lot to the Haley center is located at the Stadium Deck (Stadium Parking Deck, 425 Heisman Dr, Auburn, AL 36849). Parking on campus is free on weekends. From there, follow Heisman Drive across from the stadium and it will take you to the Haley Center. It is old and is the tallest building on campus.

On the day of the tournament, teams should arrive between 8:15-8:40. We will start at 9:00.

FIELD:
For now, I'm hoping to have a 16 team field, but we will limit to 12 teams until more staffers can be confirmed.

FEES:
$120 base fee
-$10 per working buzzer (max 2 per team)
PLEASE BRING YOUR BUZZERS!
-$20 per competent staffer (as determined by me)
-$10 per 200 miles traveled one way from your school to Auburn University as determined by Google Maps.

To register, please email me at [email protected] or [email protected] and indicate the number of teams, buzzers, and staffers you'll be bringing.

PAYMENT:
We can accept cash/checks on the day of the tournament. Please make checks out to "Auburn Quiz Bowl" and not me personally/the university.
Auburn 21'
Physics/MechE