Question Set: Terrapin Open is a tournament being produced by the Maryland Academic Quiz Team in collaboration with outside writers and editors. Its target difficulty is described as "halfway between ACF Regionals and ACF Nationals." You may read more about the set in its global announcement.
Registration & Eligibility: This is an open tournament, so there are no restrictions on eligibility. You do not have to currently be enrolled at an educational institution to play at this event. If you are interested in playing, please enter your team name and roster on this spreadsheet, or list yourself as a free agent. To register, please email [email protected] with all of the following information:
- If you are a school, the number of teams you will be bringing.
- If you are an open team, your team name (does not have to be finalized) and at least two of the players who will be on the team.
- The number of functioning buzzer systems (must be usable by at least 8 people at once) you plan to bring.
- The names of any staffers you plan to provide.
- A contact email and phone number for communications.
Logistics: The tournament will be held in Hampton Hall at Purdue University. There is currently a field size cap of 12 teams for this tournament.
Payment Information: Registration fees for this tournament are as follows:
- Base fee of $135
- -$20 for each team-provided staffer + laptop
- -$15 for each team-provided buzzer system
Teams may pay before or on the day of the tournament by cash or check. All checks should be made out to "Purdue University Quiz Bowl Team."
[Team name] (#buzzers/#staffers)
Chicago A (0/0)
Chicago B (0/0)
Fregeau et al (0/0)
Ohio State (2/0)
If you have any questions about this tournament, feel free to email me at [email protected].