LIT - UIUC - 3/21/20 (cancelled)

Old college threads.
Auroni
Auron

LIT - UIUC - 3/21/20 (cancelled)

Post by Auroni »

Hello everyone,

I'm happy to announce that UIUC will be hosting a college only mirror of Longhorn Invitational Tournament on March 21st, 2020. The tournament location is TBD pending reservation, but check in will start at 8:15 am and gameplay will begin at 9 am. I will be serving as tournament director; hence, to register, please email me at [email protected] with a tentative roster and the number of buzzers and staffers you intend to bring.

PAYMENT: We will be accepting Venmo and checks for payment. Checks should be made out to "ABT at Illinois." Tournament fees are as follows:
Base Fee: $120/team
Buzzer Discount: -$10/working buzzer
Staffer Discount: -$10/competent staffer with working laptop
Travel Discount: -$10/200 miles traveled one-way

Shorthanded and new team discounts are also available at my discretion, contact me if interested.

The field is currently capped at 16 teams and is as follows:

Teams/Staffers/Buzzers:

Lake Land (1/0/0)
NYU (1/0/1)
Chicago (2/0/0)
Michigan (1/0/2)
Iowa (2/0/1)

EDIT: This event has been cancelled. Thank you for bearing with us.
Last edited by Auroni on Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:48 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Auroni Gupta (she/her)
Auroni
Auron

Re: LIT - UIUC - 3/21/20

Post by Auroni »

I’ve posted a field update. We are monitoring the coronavirus situation as it pertains to university policy and the ability of registered teams to attend. The current plan is to move forward with the tournament, but that is liable to change.
Auroni Gupta (she/her)
Auroni
Auron

Re: LIT - UIUC - 3/21/20

Post by Auroni »

Office of the President of the University of Illinois wrote:
Events with more than 50 attendees that are university-sponsored or hosted by registered student organizations will be suspended indefinitely, effective Friday, March 13.
In light of this, I am capping the field at 10 teams.
Auroni Gupta (she/her)
Auroni
Auron

Re: LIT - UIUC - 3/21/20 (canceled)

Post by Auroni »

The U of I just cancelled this event, foiling our hopes of sneaking a small tournament in deeper into this tragically abridged season. We hope to see you all at our tournaments when this passes.
Auroni Gupta (she/her)