SUN HS Only Closed Discord Mirror [May 3]

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
meebles127
Tidus

SUN HS Only Closed Discord Mirror [May 3]

Post by meebles127 »

This is an announcement for a CLOSED high school only mirror of Spring Undergraduate Novice, a novice college set organized by Harris Bunker.

Eligibility
This is a CLOSED mirror meaning that all players must be from the same school. There will be absolutely no chimera teams allowed for any reason.

Format
Matches will consist of 20 tossups without bonuses in order to make things go smoother and deter cheating.

Schedule
The tournament will start at 10AM Eastern / 7AM Pacific / calculate this for your own time zone. The tournament schedule will be dependent on the number of teams that sign-up.

Fees
The registration fee for this tournament will be $65 per team. Payment by Venmo or PayPal is required and must be paid to Harris Bunker.

Staff
If you would like to staff this tournament, let me know (and sign up on the spreadsheet). Staffers will be paid $20 USD. I reserve the right to refuse staffers.

Registration
You can sign up to play or staff here.
Last edited by meebles127 on Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Em Gunter
Club President, University of Virginia
Tournament Director, 2023 Chicago Open
Assistant Tournament Director, 2022 and 2023 ACF Nationals

Author of: My Guide to High School Outreach and So You Want to Buy a Buzzer System

"That's got to be one of the most useful skills anyone has ever gotten from quizbowl." -John Lawrence
meebles127
Tidus

Re: SUN HS Only Closed Discord Mirror [May 3]

Post by meebles127 »

The field is currently full but there is a waitlist available, just add another row to the spreadsheet. I will expand the field as more staff are secured.
Em Gunter

Author of: My Guide to High School Outreach and So You Want to Buy a Buzzer System

"That's got to be one of the most useful skills anyone has ever gotten from quizbowl." -John Lawrence
meebles127
Tidus

Post by meebles127 »

The field has been expanded to 12 and teams have been pulled off the waitlist. Any additional registrations will be placed on the waitlist.
Em Gunter

meebles127
Tidus

Post by meebles127 »

The field has been expanded to 20 and teams have been pulled off the waitlist. This is a hard field cap and any teams who add themselves to the waitlist will only be removed in the event of a drop.
Em Gunter

meebles127
Tidus

Post by meebles127 »

The field is now locked at 18.

The tournament will start tomorrow morning at 10 AM EDT. If you have not joined the server yet, please do so. If you have not received a link please contact me for a link.

The schedule can be found here.
Em Gunter

meebles127
Tidus

Post by meebles127 »

This tournament happened today without a hitch.

Georgetown Day School A won the tournament without the need for a final.

Stats will be posted either Monday or Tuesday.

If you would like to discuss the set, please make a request to join the private discussion forum.

I'd like to give a special thank you to: Harris Bunker and the rest of the SUN team for putting together a great set and Jacob O'Rourke, Jeff Xie, Eric Mukherjee, Kevin Chen, Joel Miles, Aadi Karthik, Justin Zhang, Kevin Jiang, and Mike Laudermith for staffing this tournament.

If anyone has any feedback, or if you notice any stats errors, don't hesitate to reach out.
Em Gunter

meebles127
Tidus

Post by meebles127 »

Stats are up, but there is some error with a round not being reported that I don't fully understand.

Once my semester is over, I will figure out, and fix this. I apologize for any inconvenience, but this is not my highest priority right now.

If you find any other stats errors do let me know.
Em Gunter