CamO 2020 available for mirrors

Old college threads.
krollo
Lulu

CamO 2020 available for mirrors

Post by krollo »

Cambridge University Quiz Society are pleased to announce that the Cambridge Open set is now available for mirrors. This set is approximately Regs+ difficulty, and in a break from previous CamOs consists of 22/22 packets with 7-8 line powermarked tossups. The distribution is listed at the end of this post.

All the feedback we had at the main site was that this is by far the best CamO set ever, including positive reports from several Chicago players. The Britishness of the set is slightly more restrained than in previous years, though obviously some remains, and we are open to either cutting the most British content in each round or assisting Americanisation efforts.

Given ongoing circumstances, it seems likely that there may be more demand for online mirrors, which we are very open to. Do get in contact if you're interested in mirroring in any fashion, or if you have any questions about the set. We envisage mirror fees to be around $15 per player (tbc).

1/1 British Lit
1/1 Anglosphere Lit (inc. Ireland)
1/1 European Lit
0.8/0.8 World Lit
0.2/0.2 Other/CL Lit

1/1 Biology
1/1 Chemistry
1/1 Physics
0.5/0.5 Maths
0.5/0.5 Compsci, Astronomy, Earth Science, Other/CL (equally spread)

1/1 British History
1/1 European History
1/1 Anglosphere History (inc. about 0.6/0.6 US)
0.8/0.8 World/Classical History
0.2/0.2 Misc/CL History

1/1 Painting
1/1 Classical Music
1/1 OFA

1/1 Religion
1/1 Myth
1/1 Philosophy
1/1 Social Sciences

0.5/0.5 Geography
0.5/0.5 Current Affairs
1/1 Trash
1/1 Misc + Other Academic
Joseph Krol

Cambridge 2016-22
naan/steak-holding toll
Auron

Re: CamO 2020 available for mirrors

Post by naan/steak-holding toll »

Very interesting in having an online mirror of this, especially since the questions are longer format and more suited to Discord play than older versions of CamO. Definitely want to play with my team though.

Mid-April is pretty crowded, but perhaps we could try April 11 or April 25?
Will Alston
Dartmouth College '16
Columbia Business School '21
Deepika Goes From Ranbir To Ranveer
Rikku

Post by Deepika Goes From Ranbir To Ranveer »

naan/steak-holding toll wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:59 am Very interesting in having an online mirror of this, especially since the questions are longer format and more suited to Discord play than older versions of CamO. Definitely want to play with my team though.

Mid-April is pretty crowded, but perhaps we could try April 11 or April 25?
April 11 is the open Ontario Hybrid mirror, and April 25 is the open Workshop mirror.
Aayush Rajasekaran (he/him or she/her)
University of Waterloo, 2016
University of Waterloo, 2018
Smuttynose Island
Forums Staff: Moderator

Post by Smuttynose Island »

I'm chiming in to express interest in an online mirror of this set. I'm especially interested in hearing tossups and bonuses. Depending upon what readers are available, I would love to play another two-day tournament like TO online. Maybe something in mid- or late-May can be arranged?
Daniel Hothem
TJHSST '11 | UVA '15 | Oregon '??
"You are the stuff of legends" - Chris Manners
https://sites.google.com/site/academicc ... ubuva/home
naan/steak-holding toll
Auron

Post by naan/steak-holding toll »

Smuttynose Island wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:58 pm I'm chiming in to express interest in an online mirror of this set. I'm especially interested in hearing tossups and bonuses. Depending upon what readers are available, I would love to play another two-day tournament like TO online. Maybe something in mid- or late-May can be arranged?
Yeah, early or mid May would be great. If we can drum up a ton of interest across the country from school teams, in addition to the traditional Discord open crowd, I think we could make a really big event out of this.
Will Alston
Dartmouth College '16
Columbia Business School '21
Votre Kickstarter Est Nul
Rikku

Post by Votre Kickstarter Est Nul »

Smuttynose Island wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:58 pm I'm chiming in to express interest in an online mirror of this set. I'm especially interested in hearing tossups and bonuses. Depending upon what readers are available, I would love to play another two-day tournament like TO online. Maybe something in mid- or late-May can be arranged?
I second this
Emmett Laurie
East Brunswick '16
Rutgers University '21
Deepika Goes From Ranbir To Ranveer
Rikku

Post by Deepika Goes From Ranbir To Ranveer »

Third.
Aayush Rajasekaran (he/him or she/her)
University of Waterloo, 2016
University of Waterloo, 2018