Delta Burke Online (HS-closed) (Tossup only) (6/6/20)

Post high school tournament announcements and results here, along with logistical information. Interest checks, opinions, and other in-depth discussion of tournaments should go in the forum below.
nick.
Lulu

Delta Burke Online (HS-closed) (Tossup only) (6/6/20)

Post by nick. »

I will be running an online mirror of Delta Burke Online for High Schoolers on Saturday, June 6th, 2020. If you have any questions, contact me at [email protected]. The Field will be closed HS. The tournament will be only using tossups and not using bonuses.

Set:
We will be using Chris Borglum's Delta Burke set, a collegiate novice set. More info about the set can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23223

Distribution:
The distribution for this set is as follows:
Lit: 4/4 (1/1 American, 1/1 British/Euro (about 3/5 British in there), 1/1 world, 1/1 mixed--whatever, or more American)
History 4/4 (1/1 American, 1/1 British/Euro, 1/1 world, 1/1 mixed--whatever, or more American)
Science: 4/4 (1/1 bio, 1/1 physics, 1/1 chem, 1/1 everything else)
Religion: 1/1
Myth: 1/1
Philosophy: .5./.5
Social science: .5/.5
Fine arts: 2.5/2.5 (1/1 visual, 1/1 music, .5/.5 other)
Mixed thought: (.5/.5 (no, I don't know what this is, either, but we fill it somehow))
Geography: 1/1
Trash: 1/1

Eligibility:
People in the Class of 2020 of High School or younger are allowed to play. Players can only play with members of their school. There will be a limit of 4 players per team.

Field cap:
Currently, there will be a field cap of 32 teams. If I can get more staff and/or if there is demand, that number can be raised. Interested staffers can email me at [email protected], put their names in the spreadsheet, or message me on Discord. We will pay $25 to staffers.

Payment:
Will be done through Venmo or PayPal (either work). The tournament will be $60 and discounts can be provided if a team provides staffers. As well, $5 of every team's payment will go to the Center for Food Action, a charity which helps give food to people in Northern New Jersey. You can learn more at https://cfanj.org/

Teams can register via this spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing Teams can be composed of 1-4 players.

Medium:
The tournament will be run on Discord. The server link will be emailed to teams a few days before the tournament.

Schedule: The tournament will start at 10:00 AM Eastern Time sharp. We are intending to go through all 11 rounds, with a 45-minute lunch break after Round 6. We will aim to be done by 5:30 PM Eastern Time/2:30 PM Pacific Time. If we have a full 12 team field, it will be a full round-robin. For other configurations, the format will be figured out later.

We look forward to seeing you on the 6th on Discord!
Last edited by nick. on Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nick Pruitt

President of Ridgewood HS History/Quiz Bowl
Ridgewood HS 21'
nick.
Lulu

Re: Delta Burke Online (HS-closed) (Tossup only) (6/6/20)

Post by nick. »

Due to a major increase in my staffing capacity, the field cap has been upped to 32. Also, due to vandalism of the spreadsheet, teams now have to make a comment to register their team.
Nick Pruitt

Ridgewood HS 21'
nick.
Lulu

Post by nick. »

The comment thing is no longer in effect. As well, the field will close at 10 PM EDT on Monday. Get those registrations in! Also, this tournament will conflict with AIME, so if that is preventing your registration that is fine and good luck. Thanks
Nick Pruitt

Ridgewood HS 21'
nick.
Lulu

Post by nick. »

Update: Due to a just in time 25th registration, registration deadline is now extended another 24 hours and the new field cap is 28-30 depending on how many teams sign up. Also, if a team drops before tomorrow night, the field becomes autolocked at 24.
Nick Pruitt

Ridgewood HS 21'
nick.
Lulu

Post by nick. »

The field is now closed, a waitlist will open now to fill any last minute drops
Nick Pruitt

Ridgewood HS 21'