Longhorn Invitational Tournament - Canada (September 19)

Old college threads.
cruzeiro
Rikku

Longhorn Invitational Tournament - Canada (September 19)

Post by cruzeiro »

I'm happy to announce the Canadian LIT mirror will be occurring on Discord on September 19, 2020. I am the TD. Full information on the set is available here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22780

This is the regional mirror for Canada; it is open to Canadian schools only, subject to any exemptions the editors may grant.

Eligibility:
All players who are eligible under current ACF rules can play at collegiate mirrors of LIT. Closed high school teams are eligible to play collegiate LIT mirrors in their given region. This set will also be available for use in high school-only mirrors, which will not have regional restrictions. Chimera teams will not be allowed, without any exception, for any physical mirrors of LIT, collegiate or high school-only. This tournament will have an open, playtest discord mirror the week before any physical mirrors of the set take place, and LIT will also be available for additional online open mirrors after all physical sites have finished (similar to ILLIAC in spring 2019), if demand exists for them.

You may register by contacting me through here, email (dennis.neves.beeby AT gmail.com) or FB message.

Code of Conduct:
This tournament will have a Code of Conduct that will be sent to all registered and interested teams well in advance of the tournament. The code of conduct for the set can also be found in the main thread linked earlier in this post. All participants must agree to adhere to the Code of Conduct in order to participate in the tournament.

Tournament Fees/Payment:
Base fee: $80 /team
New team discount: -$20 / team (using the ACF definition of "new team")
Staffer discount: -$10 / staffer
Minimum fee: $55

All figures Canadian. Payment is via e-transfer to the email listed above in the registration section.
Dennis Beeby
Waterloo Collegiate Institute, 2011
University of Ottawa, 2016
Queen's University, 2017, 2019
cruzeiro
Rikku

Re: Longhorn Invitational Tournament - Canada (September 19)

Post by cruzeiro »

Field:
UBC (2, prior permission granted from editors when mirror was granted)
Toronto (4)
McGill (2)
McMaster (1)
Queen's (2)
Ottawa (1)

Field is now closed at 12 as of Sept. 16. Server info and the like will go out tomorrow (17th).
Dennis Beeby
cruzeiro
Rikku

Re: Longhorn Invitational Tournament - Canada (September 19)

Post by cruzeiro »

This happened. McGill A beat Queen's A in the first game of an advantaged final to win the tournament. Joe will have final stats up shortly (EDIT: STAAAATS: https://hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/6551/).

All the staff deserve major thanks for helping this tournament to run pretty smoothly for an online tournament, after the obligatory tech mishap to start the day: Aaron Dos Remedios, Brendan McKendy, Christine Irwin, Britney Castleman, Nadia Dakdouki, Meghan Torchia, Leslie Newcombe, Brian Luong, Tony Chen & Joe Su. I also owe major thanks to Harry White for helping me build a schedule that allowed us the flexibility to convert from an 11 game round robin to a shorter, 8 game bracketed format, after five games, given how long rounds were taking.
Dennis Beeby