Philadelphia Citywide Championship 2022

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
shanhogan
Lulu

Philadelphia Citywide Championship 2022

Post by shanhogan »

It's that time again, the annual Philadelphia Citywide Quizbowl Championship is right around the corner.  Tentatively, we are planning to host in-person at Carver E&S, but should the need arise, we will switch to virtual on Zoom.  This tournament is only open to schools in Philadelphia County.  

Details:
Location:  Carver E&S (1600 West Norris Street, Philadelphia PA 19121) if in-person (Zoom details will be provided if we get shifted to virtual)
Date:  Saturday 3/12/2022
Times:  Registration will likely begin at 8:00AM, Opening Meeting at 8:30AM, Rounds starting around 8:45 AM.  The goal will be to be done by 4PM, though I put usually 5PM on my permission slips just in case.
Question Set:  NAQT IS-211A 
Costs:
$70 for the first team from a school, $60 each for subsequent teams 
$15 discount for qualified moderator
$10 discount for buzzer system
For School District of Philadelphia Schools, your registration fees will be covered by Paula Don at 440.  You just have to sign up and I submit an invoice on your behalf to get payment.

Tentative Field Cap:  We'll start with a cap at 12 teams.  If needed, we'll attempt to expand to 18 teams.  
Format:  If we are in-person, plan to play 20 toss-ups (with bonuses) each round.  If we end up virtual due to COVID, the bonus format might shift.
Registration:  You can register using this form: https://forms.gle/9gxVmwGxFYF1CUWv7
Shan Hogan
Carver E&S coach
shanhogan
Lulu

Re: Philadelphia Citywide Championship 2022

Post by shanhogan »

Field: (Teams/Buzzers/Mods)
Carver (4/0/0)
Friends Select School (4/2/1)
Germantown Friends School (2/2/1)
Rush (1/1/0)
SLA (1/4/0)