2022 NAQT SCT at Cornell University (Online; 2/5/2022)

Old college threads.
dni
Lulu

2022 NAQT SCT at Cornell University (Online; 2/5/2022)

Post by dni »

I am pleased to announce that Cornell Quiz Bowl will host the New York site of the 2022 NAQT Sectional Championship Tournament on Saturday, February 5th, 2022. This tournament will take place online using Discord and buzzin.live, with games beginning at 9:00 AM ET. Nathan Zhang will be serving as tournament director.

Registration

This tournament will use NAQT's online registration system. Teams may register here: https://www.naqt.com/registration/field ... t_id=13165

Fees

$145 base fee for the first team from a school; $120 for second or subsequent teams
$-40 per experienced moderator
$-20 per team for schools new to quizbowl (neither competed in nor hosted SCT, CC SCT, ICT, or CCCT in 2020 or 2021)

Teams should pay via Venmo to @Nathan-Zhang-18. Payment will be due by check-in on February 5th. If you require an alternate means of payment and/or an invoice, please email [email protected].

We look forward to seeing you!
Dan Ni
Langley '19
Cornell '23
Gemomania
Lulu

Re: 2022 NAQT SCT at Cornell University (Online; 2/5/2022)

Post by Gemomania »

Is there a minimum payment — can a team bring four moderators to play for free or is there a $40 limit on the discount? I also see that this is the New York mirror, but is it strictly region-locked as an online tournament?
anuttam
sagittarius '22
cal
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

Post by Important Bird Area »

1. The minimum fee is $40 per team.

2. This online SCT site is not regionally-restricted (but teams outside the Eastern time zone may find it more convenient to register for one of our other online sites).

3. Reminder that high school teams are not permitted to play the NAQT SCT. (There are a number of events later in the spring using the Division II SCT set for high school tournaments.)
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
nyzhang
Lulu

Post by nyzhang »

Congratulations to Columbia A for clearing the field to take the DI title, and to Columbia B for winning an advantaged final against Cornell to take the DII title! Also big thank you to all the staffers who helped this tournament run smoothly. Full stats can be found here: https://hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/7365/.
Nathan Zhang
NCSSM '2021 Cornell '2025