DART III: Call for Writers and Editors

This is the only forum where you should post and discuss offers to have your tournament set hosted at other locations.
21_Cabbage
Lulu

DART III: Call for Writers and Editors

Post by 21_Cabbage »

Hello everyone! I am seeking more writers and editors for the THIRD EDITION of Detroit Country Day’s now-annual charity housewrite: DART III, available for mirrors starting in the Fall of 2022. As with this year's edition, all proceeds will go to charity, so writers and editors should not expect to be paid. A full announcement for this set is forthcoming.

Although applicants need no prior writing experience, I ask that they submit 2 tossups and 2 bonuses written specifically for DART III as part of the application. Submissions should be in the category(s) that applicants primarily intend to write. During set production, writers will not be restricted to writing in the categories they applied for.

Tossups should be 550-650 characters long. Bonuses may not exceed 7 lines - not including answerlines. This year's target difficulty is comparable to that of BHSAT 2021 (harder than DART I but slightly easier than DART II). We will evaluate writing submissions by difficulty graduation, engaging clues, appropriate answerlines, and a clear and concise writing style. Writers will be accepted on a rolling basis until we build a complete team. Apply here!

I am seeking editors in the following categories:
History
Literature
Painting/Sculpture
Jazz/Opera
Current Events

If you would like to edit, please email me a description of your editing style and some of your previous questions in the category you wish to edit.

Feel free to reach out and contact me by email or on Discord, should you have any questions:
[email protected]
21_Cabbage#1416

I look forward to writing a great set!
Arthur Gayden
University of Chicago '27
Detroit Country Day '23
21_Cabbage
Lulu

Re: DART III: Call for Writers and Editors

Post by 21_Cabbage »

Hello everyone! We are still in need of editors, so if you are interested in editing, please email me at [email protected].
Arthur Gayden
University of Chicago '27
Detroit Country Day '23