ACRONYM 15 @ the University of Toronto (June 26, 2022)

Everything related to trash tournaments, including announcements, results, and discussion, goes here.
Protean
Lulu

ACRONYM 15 @ the University of Toronto (June 26, 2022)

Post by Protean »

Hello world, the University of Toronto is pleased to announce that we will be hosting an in-person mirror of ACRONYM 15, a low-difficulty pop culture tournament. This event will take place on Sunday June 26, 2022 (the day after the Ontario Hybrid mirror), with games starting at 10:00 AM EDT (EDIT: we will now begin at 9:00 AM EDT) in Sidney Smith Hall. This tournament will be directed by Raymond Chen (that’s me!)

Fees and Discounts

Base fee: $130/team
Shorthanded discount: $10/missing player
Buzzer discount: $10/working buzzer set
Travel discount: $2.50/player who travelled at least 200 km one way

Eligibility and Registration

This is an open mirror, meaning that in general anybody can play with anybody else regardless of school affiliations. We reserve the right to disqualify any individual players for misconduct-related or other reasons.

For convenience, a team formation spreadsheet can be found here. In order to formally sign up for the tournament, you must confirm with me by sending me an email (rmz.chen[at]mail[dot]utoronto[dot]ca) with your roster and any discounts you’d like to claim. The registration deadline is 11:59 PM EDT on Wednesday, June 22 - you must email me by then. Payments can be e-transferred to uoftquizbowl[at]gmail[dot]com – if this will be a problem for you please get in touch and we can figure it out.

We are setting a tentative field cap of 8 teams. Expansion is possible given sufficient interest, but is contingent on staffing and room availability and the university requires room bookings to be made one week in advance so we will be unable to expand past June 18, 2022.

Code of Conduct

We will be requiring team contacts to reply to the logistics email with a brief, one-sentence written statement agreeing on behalf of all team members to adhere to ACF’s ethics and conduct rules (more details will be provided in the logistics email). We reserve the right to issue warnings or remove participants from the tournament in the event of misconduct.

Health Measures

Masks are required to be worn (such that both the mouth and nose are covered) at all times while indoors at this event except for brief periods (e.g. to take a drink). You will not be allowed to participate without one. If you forget or your mask gets soiled, fresh masks will be available from the control room.

Please feel free to reach out to me by email/Discord/however else you can get ahold of me if you have any questions or concerns about the above.

And that's it - looking forward to seeing you at U of T on the 26th!
Raymond Chen
McMaster University, 2017
University of Toronto, 202x