Vedul's Short Poetry Packet

All announcements for open practices, online or in-person scrimmages, the playing of online packets, and online or in-person playtesting goes in this forum. (Official Skype/Discord tournaments should still be announced in the relevant tournament announcement forums.)

What date/time works best for you?

Tuesday, July 12 (8 PM CT)
10%
Wednesday, July 13 (8 PM CT)
26%
Thursday, July 14 (8 PM CT)
16%
Friday, July 15 (8 PM CT)
26%
Sunday, July 17 (8 PM CT)
19%
Later (will update poll for dates next week)
3%

Total votes: 31

vedul
Lulu

Vedul's Short Poetry Packet

Post by vedul »

I have written ~20 tossups on works of short poetry (really anything that is easily readable in a couple minutes or less or <50 lines). There is no real distribution of the packet except poems I enjoy. This results in more 20th/21st century American poetry than any other subcategory.

The answerlines range in difficulty from 2 dots to 4 dots, but most answerlines will be things which come up reasonably frequently on quizdb.
The questions are around 500-650 characters in length, a good comparison for the style would be 2021 SKUFFED or NAQT.
This packet is especially focused on the content of the poems, so if you have read a poem thoroughly, you should be able to get questions on it early.

I plan on reading the packet sometime next week in the Main Quizbowl discord, but I would be open to reading it multiple times or at a later date (hopefully i made the poll correctly)
Hope to see you then!
Vedul Palavajjhala
Kinkaid '22
WUSTL '26
Piney Point Village, TX
vedul
Lulu

Re: Vedul's Short Poetry Packet

Post by vedul »

As I am writing this, Wednesday and Friday both have the same number of votes, so I will read it at 8 PM CT on both those days.
See y'all then.
Vedul Palavajjhala
Kinkaid '22
WUSTL '26
Piney Point Village, TX
vedul
Lulu

Re: Vedul's Short Poetry Packet

Post by vedul »

Vedul Palavajjhala
Kinkaid '22
WUSTL '26