DONUT: 9/17 Online Duos MSQB Madness II Mirror

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Ocean=Soup
Lulu

DONUT: 9/17 Online Duos MSQB Madness II Mirror

Post by Ocean=Soup »

Hi, I'm pleased to announce DuosOnlineNationalUltracoolTournament (DONUT), a open High School tournament running Online on September 17th.

Eligibility:
Participants do not need to be from the same school, the only requirement is that they are in the High School class of 2022 or younger. This tournament is also not region restricted so anyone is welcome to play. Players can sign up as a Free Agent or with a partner.

This tournament is being run on MSQB Madness II so if you have played MOIST or are playing Summer Holiday Duos you are not eligible to play DONUT.

Format:
This tournament is running on MSQB Madness II a high school regs tossup only set with one regs+ set which will be used for finals with full set info here viewtopic.php?t=26081. The field is currently capped at 16 teams but if we get enough staffers we are open to increasing the field size. This tournament will be held over Zoom and cameras will be required to be on during this tournament with at least one hand visible to prevent cheating.

Times:
This tournament will start at 10 EST (Though this might be pushed back if there are is a lot of registration from PST teams). We will stop for lunch at 12 EST (Though this might be pushed back) and we plan for this tournament to end no later than 4 EST

Fees:
The fee per team for this tournament will be 30$ and payment info will be sent in a confirmation email. (If this cost might prevent you from playing feel free to contact us and we will work something out)

To register as a free agent or team fill out this google form https://forms.gle/UxZxQ9Y7h46gseEJ7

The field can be found here --> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Staffing:
Staffers will be paid 20$ for staffing the whole tournament, keep in mind that there will only be 8 rounds so it will not take too long. If you wish to staff please fill out this google form https://forms.gle/NjGQQd7vVxvPqGyi7.

If you have any questions feel free to contact us at [email protected] or at Ocean=Soup#5349
Last edited by Ocean=Soup on Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Melody Zou,

Jonas Clarke Middle School Co-Captain 23'
(Hopefully) Lexington High School 27'

It was great to see everyone at MSNCT!!!! I'm excited to see people at HSNCT

(Teach me Hindu myth please)

Account formerly: Clarke_Middle_School
Ocean=Soup
Lulu

Re: DONUT: 9/17 Online Duos MSQB Madness II Mirror

Post by Ocean=Soup »

Hi, per request DONUT will now be open to people in the high school class of 22'. (the original forums post has been edited to reflect this)
Melody Zou,

Ocean=Soup
Lulu

Post by Ocean=Soup »

So there seems to have been some sort of misunderstanding. This set is being run on MSQB Madness II which was used at MOIST yesterday and will be used at Summer Holidays Duos. If you have played or are playing either of those tournaments please don't sign up as a player for DONUT as it can make it hard for the TDs to have to resolve these sorts of issues, you are still welcome to staff though! To be clear there is no hate if you accidently signed up for multiple of these tournaments but please dm me at Ocean=Soup#5349 to resolve this.
Melody Zou,

Ocean=Soup
Lulu

Post by Ocean=Soup »

The field for this tournament can be found here --> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Many people who signed up were removed due to conflicts with people playing MOIST, if you signed up and cannot find yourself please dm me at Ocean=Soup#5349 or email me at [email protected], confirmation emails have yet to be sent and will be sent once we reach a field of 10 or 2 weeks before the tournament date
Melody Zou,

Ocean=Soup
Lulu

Post by Ocean=Soup »

Thanks to the teams who have signed up for DONUT so far, invoices will be sent out later this week. We currently have 5 teams and we would prefer to not have any BYE rounds so any additional signups would be very appreciated. At the moment we have enough staff so staffer sign ups will be closed.
Melody Zou,

Ocean=Soup
Lulu

Post by Ocean=Soup »

Hi, thanks to all the teams that have signed up, invoices have been sent out. Some important things to note that any team who refers another team is eligible for a 10$ discount on the tournament fee. Payment is due by 9/13 (unless granted an exemption by a TD) and withdrawing after that date will induct a 100% cancellation fee. We're excited for this tournament!
Melody Zou,

Ocean=Soup
Lulu

Post by Ocean=Soup »

At the moment staffers have been chosen so if you signed up to staff and have not received confirmation thank you for signing up but the number of staffers that signed up were significantly greater than the number of teams. Also we are still awaiting payment from one team so make sure to check your emails for the invoice and if you have sent the money make sure to check for the confirmation email.
Melody Zou,

Ocean=Soup
Lulu

Post by Ocean=Soup »

Hi, with DONUT tomorrow we are still looking for another free agent. If you are available please message me at Ocean=Soup#5349 or email me at [email protected] as soon as possible.
Melody Zou,