DRAMA Mirror Announcement (September 11th, 2022)

Everything related to trash tournaments, including announcements, results, and discussion, goes here.
jordan.davidsen
Lulu

DRAMA Mirror Announcement (September 11th, 2022)

Post by jordan.davidsen »

I am incredibly excited to announce the mirror for DRAMA (Darrell Riley Actors’ Memorial Adventure) will take place on Sunday, September 11th. This tournament will be Tournament Directed by Jordan Davidsen (Yale University). The tournament will begin at 1 PM EST.

Full information about this musical theater set can be found here.

FORMAT AND RULES

The tournament will be a duos tournament, meaning teams can have a maximum of two players. Players are allowed to play solo, but encouraged not to. There will be a free agents sheet for people who do not have a teammate.

The tournament will take place on Zoom (probably). The tournament will use a virtual buzzer system TBD. DRAMA is only 5 packets long, hence the late start time.

COST

This tournament will cost $40 per duo. Half of all proceeds will go to the Ocala Civic Theater scholarship fund in the honor of Darrell Riley. We will accept any additional contributions to the scholarship fund that meant so much to Darrell. We are attempting to raise a minimum of $500 to give a one-time scholarship in Darrell’s honor.

REGISTRATION

Registration for teams as well as registration to staff can be done here. Staffers will be paid $20 for their services, but are also welcome to forward their payment directly to the scholarship fund.

We have a tentative field cap at 20 duos, although I am unsure if we will hit even this. If for some weird reason we have a surplus of teams, we will consider expanding based on staffing availability.

OUR DEDICATEE
This tournament is named after Darrell Riley, former head coach of College of Central Florida QB in Ocala, FL and a longtime theater patron/volunteer at the Ocala Civic Theater. Darrell passed away in December of 2021. He was a longtime innovator in not only Ocala’s quiz bowl scene, but Ocala’s surprisingly great theater scene. As my personal mentor in both areas, Darrell had a profound impact on both my decision to play college quiz bowl and my continued love of musical theater. Half of all proceeds made from this tournament will go towards the Ocala Civic Theater scholarship fund, which sponsors young artists in the Ocala area who have committed to studying the arts in college.

CODE OF CONDUCT

All players should follow the PACE Code of Conduct, linked here: http://www.pace-nsc.org/nsc-code-of-conduct/. Prohibited behavior will be dealt with seriously by tournament staff and can further be reported to national organizations; the form for doing so can be found with the list of prohibited behaviors in the Code of Conduct. Additionally, all players will have to type out an anti-cheating pledge during the tournament itself, and all cheating allegations will be dealt with seriously.

If you have any further questions, please contact [email protected]. Thanks and we are so excited to see you in September!
jordan davidsen (he/him)
yale '24
communications, acf
Cheynem
Sin

Re: DRAMA Mirror Announcement (September 11th, 2022)

Post by Cheynem »

I am looking for a teammate who knows something about musical theater post-1960.
Mike Cheyne
Formerly U of Minnesota

"You killed HSAPQ"--Matt Bollinger
ThisIsMyUsername
Auron

Post by ThisIsMyUsername »

Seeking a teammate who knows shows that were written in the past 25 years.
John Lawrence
Yale University '12
King's College London '13
University of Chicago '20

“I am not absentminded. It is the presence of mind that makes me unaware of everything else.” - G.K. Chesterton
jordan.davidsen
Lulu

Post by jordan.davidsen »

The DRAMA questions are finally finished! We are currently in the process of editing.

Part of that editing will include a playtest mirror/session of some kind. We are looking to field a small group of people for playtesting! It's only 5 packets so we are probably going to do a "mini-mirror" on August 14th, but this is flexible. People who are willing to give a few hours to playtesting the set on this date should sign up here. Thanks!
jordan davidsen (he/him)
yale '24
communications, acf
Adventure Temple Trail
Auron

Post by Adventure Temple Trail »

What is the intended schedule for a 24-team event with 5 packets? (Power-matching?)
Matt Jackson
University of Chicago '24
Yale '14, Georgetown Day School '10
member emeritus, ACF