JCD III Online - 9/10/22

Everything related to trash tournaments, including announcements, results, and discussion, goes here.
bradleykirksey
Wakka

JCD III Online - 9/10/22

Post by bradleykirksey »

After some time, I think we've got a plan for JCD III online.

Cody Johansen will run it on Google Meet on 9/10. We're asking for $15/player. If you need teammates or need free agents, let Cody or me know. Cody can be reached at [email protected]

Depending on the exact size of the field, we're hoping for 5 games before lunch and then rebracketing for playoffs.

This is JCD III, the set that's been played for a little bit, so if you're from Florida or Georgia or Toronto then there's a good chance you've played this iteration! We're trying to modernize it before the 10th-- but we'd ask for a little patience about that one pesky question where we call Tom Brady the starting Wolverine's quarterback.

Thanks everyone, looking forward to this event!
Bradley Kirksey
Mayor of quiz bowl at the University of Central Florida (2010-2015)
The club at Reformed Theology Seminary Orlando (2017 - 2021)
bradleykirksey
Wakka

Re: JCD III Online - 9/10/22

Post by bradleykirksey »

So, interest in this has been lukewarm, which is fine. It's had a good run and was a blast to make.

But I'd like to put out feelers-- is there a meaningful amount of people who'd want to play a different weekend, or who'd like to but don't have a team? Let me know through PM or smoke signals or something.
Bradley Kirksey
Mayor of quiz bowl at the University of Central Florida (2010-2015)
The club at Reformed Theology Seminary Orlando (2017 - 2021)
Gonzagapuma1
Tidus

Re: JCD III Online - 9/10/22

Post by Gonzagapuma1 »

This sounds dumb, but I would recommend making an editable team formation spreadsheet rather than have people email.
Dan Puma
Alum: Gonzaga, Montgomery College, University of Maryland
Currently Unaffiliated
MAQT President-ish, 2014-2015
Champion of the Modern World, 2014
Former Member, PACE