2023 PACE NSC Writing and Editing Application

Elaborate on the merits of specific tournaments or have general theoretical discussion here.
Krik? Krik?! KRIIIIK!!!
Rikku

2023 PACE NSC Writing and Editing Application

Post by Krik? Krik?! KRIIIIK!!! »

Hello! This is an open call for writers and editors for the 2023 PACE National Scholastic Championship. To apply, please fill out this Google Form by September 2nd at 11:59 PM. Applicants must have already graduated from high school and cannot be directly involved with any high school team.

As a heads-up, the Google Form itself is pretty quick and asks a few questions about your experience with writing and editing. However, writers will be asked to attach 2/2 in sample questions, and editors will be asked to attached 2/2 in sample questions for every category they would like to edit. The details about these submissions are in the Google Form, and the submissions should be attached to your form.

We're also planning on bringing back our PACE Mentorship Program. It is a great opportunity to for new writers to learn quickly while having a lot of help from some of the most experienced writers in quizbowl. Myself and Mike Bentley are happy to run the program this year, but we are also looking for editors who may be willing to give a little extra mentorship in their editing.

I'm excited to hopefully have a fun team working on the set this year! I'm working on writing out my vision for the set, but I hope to build a community that's able to be productive through out the year so we can have proper time before the NSC for polishing.

If you have any questions, please post away here or email me at [email protected]. I look forward to seeing your applications, thank you!
Ganon Evans
Misconduct Representative
ACF President, PACE VP of Editing, MOQBA
Francis Howell High School 2018, University of Iowa 2021
Krik? Krik?! KRIIIIK!!!
Rikku

Re: 2023 PACE NSC Writing and Editing Application

Post by Krik? Krik?! KRIIIIK!!! »

A healthy bump that this is due by the end of Friday night. I plan to reach out to applicants over the weekend. Please let me know if you have questions!
Ganon Evans
Misconduct Representative
ACF President, PACE VP of Editing, MOQBA
Francis Howell High School 2018, University of Iowa 2021