NAQT Collegiate Novice (CNS-213C) at UChicago

Old college threads.
vkssony
Lulu

NAQT Collegiate Novice (CNS-213C) at UChicago

Post by vkssony »

I am pleased to announce that the University of Chicago will be hosting a mirror of NAQT's collegiate novice set (CNS-213C) on October 8, 2022.

The tournament will be co-directed by Robert Condron and me, Vivek Sasse. If you have any questions about the tournament, feel free to email either of us at [email protected] and [email protected].

Fees
Base fee: $50
Buzzer discount: -$5 per working buzzer set
Staffer discount: -$20 per capable staffer with laptop and NAQT account
New to quizbowl discount: -$20 for any team that has not played a collegiate quizbowl tournament between September 1st, 2020 and September 1st, 2022.
Minimum Fee: $25

Payment can be made via check, cash, or Venmo. If you need any paperwork filled out so that you can pay us, feel free to email me.

Eligibility
As this tournament is for newer collegiate quizbowl players, there will be eligibility requirements. Players who meet any of the following criteria must obtain permission from one of the TDs to play:
  • Scored more than 35 PP20TUH in the prelims of HSNCT or 50 PPG in the prelims of PACE NSC
  • Scored more than 25 PP20TUH on a team that placed higher than t49th at HSNCT or 35 PPG on a team that placed higher 24th at PACE NSC
  • Finished in the top 20 in IPNCT
  • Scored more than 25 PPG at a non-novice collegiate tournament
  • Qualified for or played a college national tournament (ACF Nationals or ICT)
If you meet one of these requirements and feel like you should be able to play this tournament, feel free to email me at [email protected] to ask for an exception.

Since this set has significant overlap with NAQT IS-213, no high schoolers or high school coaches are allowed play, staff, or spectate this tournament.

Registration
Registration will be done through the NAQT website, which can be accessed here.

The field cap is currently 20 teams.

Logistics
This post will be updated with more information about logistics once our room bookings are sorted.

COVID Protocols
We will be following UChicago's COVID guidelines in effect at the time of the tournament. Current guidelines can be viewed here, but please note these are subject to change.

Looking forward to seeing you October 8th!
Vivek Sasse
UChicago 2023
vkssony
Lulu

Re: NAQT Collegiate Novice (CNS-213C) at UChicago

Post by vkssony »

Current field can be found here.
Vivek Sasse
UChicago 2023