The head editor of 2023 ACF Nationals is Taylor Harvey; Caroline Mao (American and World Literature), Will Nediger (British Literature, Philosophy, Social Science), William Golden (European Literature, Other Fine Arts), Grant Peet (American and World History), Michael Kearney (European and Other History), Hasna Karim (Biology, Religion), Adam Silverman (Chemistry), Jonathen Settle (Physics, Other Science), Sameer Apte (Music), Taylor Harvey (Religion, Mythology, Painting and Sculpture), and Ganon Evans (Other) are subject editing. I, Ryan Rosenberg, am the tournament director.
Information on who is eligible to play ACF tournaments can be found here.
Information on qualification for ACF Nationals can be found here.
Fees and Discounts
Base fee: $325
Buzzer discount: -$10 per functioning buzzer system (with eight functioning buzzers).
Staffer discount: -$100 for each staffer capable of reading a round in ca. 35 minutes.
Packet discounts are listed below.
Teams will owe half the registration fee if they drop from the field with less than four weeks to go before the tournament and the full registration fee if they drop from the field with less than two weeks to go before the tournament.
The editors of ACF Nationals are planning on writing 13 packets this year, with 11 packets being produced from team submissions.
Unlike recent years, packet submission for 2023 ACF Nationals will be mandatory. However, teams will only be required to submit half-packets. Teams should request a half-packet distribution by emailing [email protected].
Finalized tossups for 2022 ACF Nationals will be capped at 8 lines in 10 point Times New Roman. However, this cap does not apply to submissions; submitting teams are allowed and encouraged to submit longer tossups.
The packet deadlines are:
- -$100 packet submission discount (-$150 for a full packet): packet submitted by Sunday, November 27.
- -$50 packet submission discount (-$100 for a full packet): packet submitted by Sunday, January 1.
- -$25 packet submission discount (-$50 for a full packet): packet submitted by Sunday, January 22.
- -$0 packet submission deadline (-$25 for a full packet): packet submitted by Sunday, February 12.
- +$25 packet submission deadline: packet submitted by Sunday, March 5.
- +$50 packet submission deadline: packet submitted by Sunday, March 26.
- Later packet submissions will be charged $10/day late.
All packet submission deadlines are at 11:59 P.M. Central Time on the given day to [email protected]. We will continue to offer an additional $50 dollar discount to any team that submits a packet with almost all questions usable with little to no editing.
More details about field size and staffing will be available in the coming months.