Sacramento Fall MS Tournament @ Churchill (Sep 24)

This is the place for middle school quizbowl of all types.
njsbling
Rikku

Sacramento Fall MS Tournament @ Churchill (Sep 24)

Post by njsbling »

This competition is taking place on Saturday, September 24 at Churchill MS. We are using NAQT MS #43 for both divisions. The initial field cap is 12 for Varsity and 16 for JV.

The entry fee is $60 per team with a $20 full-day staffer discount ($10 for half-day), $30 per team New School discount, $10 discount per working buzzer system, and a $20 cancellation fee (cancel after 6PM Pacific time on Friday, September 23).

Register on the NAQT website here => https://www.naqt.com/registration/field ... t_id=13725
Nicholas Karas
Atlanta, Georgia
Member, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
californiacupquizbowl (at) gmail (dot) com
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

Re: Sacramento Fall MS Tournament @ Churchill (Sep 24)

Post by Important Bird Area »

Finals are now underway. In varsity, Challenger-Strawberry Park has the advantage over Churchill A. In JV, Challenger-Ardenwood will face Churchill K in a one-game final.

Update: Strawberry Park 510, Churchill 235, final.
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

Re: Sacramento Fall MS Tournament @ Churchill (Sep 24)

Post by Important Bird Area »

Congratulations to Challenger-Strawberry Park A, who defeated Churchill A 510-235 in the first game of an advantaged final to win the varsity division of the 2022 Sacramento Fall Middle School Tournament! In the JV division, Challenger-Ardenwood defeated Churchill K 450-70 in a one-game final.

Complete team and individual statistics are available here.

My thanks to our host, coach Bruce Hansen of Churchill; our logistics director, Nicholas Karas; and to all of the moderators and scorekeepers who made this tournament possible!

We look forward to seeing everyone again in two weeks for Bay Area Fall Novice at Saint Francis in Mountain View.
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred