Short Poetry Packet 2

All announcements for open practices, online or in-person scrimmages, the playing of online packets, and online or in-person playtesting goes in this forum. (Official Skype/Discord tournaments should still be announced in the relevant tournament announcement forums.)

What date/time works best for you?

Wednesday, November 30 (7 PM CT)
13%
Wednesday, November 30 (8 PM CT)
13%
Friday, December 2 (7 PM CT)
13%
Friday, December 2 (8 PM CT)
13%
Sunday, December 4 (6 PM CT)
No votes
Sunday, December 4 (8 PM CT)
6%
Tuesday, December 6 (7 PM CT)
6%
Tuesday, December 6 (8 PM CT)
6%
Friday, December 9 (7 PM CT)
13%
Friday, December 9 (8 PM CT)
13%
Later (will update poll for dates if this one wins)
6%

Total votes: 16

vedul
Lulu

Short Poetry Packet 2

Post by vedul »

Over the Summer I wrote a short packet on short poetry: https://collegiate.quizbowlpackets.com/2805/
I have written ~20 tossups on works of short poetry (really anything that is easily readable in a couple minutes or less or <50 lines). There is no real distribution of the packet except poems I enjoy. This results in more 20th/21st century American poetry than any other subcategory.

The answerlines range in difficulty from 2 dots to 4 dots, but most answerlines will be things which come up reasonably frequently on quizdb.
The questions are around 500-650 characters in length, a good comparison for the style would be 2021 SKUFFED or NAQT.
This packet is especially focused on the content of the poems, so if you have read a poem thoroughly, you should be able to get questions on it early.
I am near completion of a second packet of similarly styled questions on similar content; however these questions are quite a bit more difficult. That being said, if you enjoyed the first one, I think you will enjoy this one and hopefully learn about a poem or two you didn't know about before. I will try to make a poll for a couple times which I am free to read the packet in the main Quizbowl Discord Server.
Vedul Palavajjhala
Kinkaid '22
WUSTL '26
Piney Point Village, TX
vedul
Lulu

Re: Short Poetry Packet 2

Post by vedul »

I'll read this sometime during my winter break.
Vedul Palavajjhala
Kinkaid '22
WUSTL '26
Piney Point Village, TX