2023 NAQT SCT at Toronto (February 4)

Old college threads.
skewit
Lulu

2023 NAQT SCT at Toronto (February 4)

Post by skewit »

I am pleased to announce that the Eastern Canada site of 2023 NAQT SCT will be hosted by the University of Toronto on Saturday, February 4th, 2023. I, Sky Li, will be tournament director.

This tournament will take place in-person, building TBD. Because of our strict room booking policies, we will be starting rounds at 9:00 am, with an opening meeting at 8:45am.

Eligibility
This is a closed tournament; all players must be currently enrolled at a degree-granting institution and must play with players from the same institution. In addition, this tournament will be split into two divisions. In general, players are eligible for Division II if they have not played at or qualified for ICT before. Full eligibility rules regarding closed status can be found here and regarding Division II status can be found here.

Registration
You can register through this link. Please also let me know (through email or Discord) directly that you've registered. The field can also be viewed through the same link. Please note that we will not be accepting registrations from schools that still owe us fees from previous tournaments; schools with outstanding fees will be removed from the field on NAQT's website.

Please register by 11:59PM on February 1st.

Fees
All listed fees are in CAD.
  • Base fee: $160 for the first team from a school, $135 for each additional team
  • New program discount: -$20 for each team from schools new to quizbowl (did not compete in or host SCT or ICT in 2021 or 2022)
  • Buzzer discount: -$10 per functional buzzer set
  • Buzzer anti-discount: +$40 for promising a functional buzzer set and failing to bring one (barring extenuating circumstances)
  • Staff discount: -$40 per experienced staffer with a laptop and charger
A full fee breakdown can be found here.

Payment can be made to the University of Toronto Academic Trivia Club by e-transferring uoftquizbowl [AT] gmail [DOT] com. Please include "2023 SCT" in your e-transfer message. If you are unable to e-transfer, please contact me at skylimail42 [AT] gmail [DOT] com for alternatives.

Rules
We will be following NAQT's rules, which can be found here.

Mask Policy
As per club policy, we will be requiring that masks be worn at all times except when eating, drinking, or actively moderating a round.

Miscellaneous
Like with ACF Winter, we will likely be having a rather short lunch. To accommodate, we will likely be circulating a pizza order form to interested teams before the tournament. We will also be circulating a housing form for players that require housing in Toronto.

If you have any questions about the tournament, please feel free to email me at skylimail42 [AT] gmail [DOT] com. I hope to see y'all on the 4th!
Last edited by skewit on Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sky Li (they/she/ʰᵉ)
ABRHS '18
Toronto '22, '24, ??
skewit
Lulu

Re: 2023 NAQT SCT at Toronto (February 4)

Post by skewit »

The post has been updated to reflect the addition of an anti-discount for failing to bring a promised buzzer set.
Sky Li (they/she/ʰᵉ)
ABRHS '18
Toronto '22, '24, ??