NAQT SCT at Berkeley (2/4/23)

Old college threads.
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

NAQT SCT at Berkeley (2/4/23)

Post by Important Bird Area »

I am pleased to announce that Berkeley Quiz Bowl will host the northern California site of the 2023 NAQT Sectional Championship Tournament on Saturday, February 4, 2023.

Location: This tournament will take place in-person on the first floor of UC Berkeley's Dwinelle Hall.

Fees:

Base fees: $160 base fee for the first team from a school; $135 for second or subsequent teams

Discounts:

$10 discount per working buzzer system (must accommodate at least eight players)

$40 discount per experienced moderator

$20 discount (per team) for schools new to quizbowl (neither competed in nor hosted SCT/ICT in 2021 or 2022)

$20 discount (per team) for teams that travel 60 or more miles one-way (distance measured from your campus to Berkeley by Google Maps)

Payment will be taken at check-in on February 4.

How to register: this tournament will use NAQT's online registration system. Register here

Current field
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
Important Bird Area

Re: NAQT SCT at Berkeley (2/4/23)

Check-in is at 8:30 am in 105 Dwinelle.
Jeff Hoppes
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
Important Bird Area

Re: NAQT SCT at Berkeley (2/4/23)

Congratulations to Stanford A, who went undefeated to win Division I at the 2023 Northern California SCT! In Division II, Berkeley C defeated Stanford C 370-320 in the second game of an advantaged final.

Complete team and individual statistics are available on naqt.com.

My thanks to all the staff who made this tournament possible: Rohil Bhinge, Angela Lin, Rohan Venkateswaran, Zachary Yan, and our rotating cast of guest moderators: Kaile Maske, Tim Morrison, Kevin Ye, and Steven Yuan.
Jeff Hoppes
Editor emeritus, ACF