NAQT SCT at UCF (02/04/2023)

Old college threads.
agemats
Lulu

NAQT SCT at UCF (02/04/2023)

Post by agemats »

I am pleased to announce that the Florida site of the 2023 NAQT Sectional Championship Tournament will be held at the University of Central Florida on Saturday, February 4, 2023.

The tournament will take place in-person, in Business Administration I. The opening meeting will begin at 8:45am and gameplay will begin at 9:00am. I, Henry Keating, will be the tournament director. Please direct any questions about this site to me at [email protected]. Additional details will be emailed to teams before the tournament.

Divisions
This tournament will have two divisions:
  • Division I, which will be a qualifier for the 2023 Intercollegiate Championship Tournament (Division I) and will use SCT-23.
  • Division II, which will be a qualifier for the 2023 Intercollegiate Championship Tournament (Division II) and will use SCT-23DII.
Rules
This tournament will follow NAQT's official gameplay rules, viewable here

Fees
The base registration fee is $160 for the first team from a school, but $135 for second and subsequent teams.
This tournament has a minimum fee of $50.00 per team.

Discounts
  • $10 discount per working buzzer system (each system must accommodate at least eight players)
  • $40 discount per moderator with a functional laptop
  • $20 discount (per team) for schools new to quiz bowl*
*Applies only to schools that neither attended nor hosted a Sectional Championship Tournament (two- or four-year), the Intercollegiate Championship Tournament, or the Community College Championship Tournament in 2021 or 2022.

Payment
Payment details will be emailed to teams before midnight on February 3.

How to Register
This tournament will use NAQT's online registration system here.

Please note that team rosters must be finalized by Friday, February 3, 2023.

The current field can be viewed here.
Henry Keating
UCF '23
UCF '25