MRNA II: The Second Dose Playtest Mirror [19 February 2023]

Old college threads.
meebles127
Tidus

MRNA II: The Second Dose Playtest Mirror [19 February 2023]

Post by meebles127 »

I am happy to announce that there will be an online playtest mirror of MRNA VACCINE on 19 February 2023. Further details about the set can be found here.

Please direct any questions about this tournament to me at vef2jj [AT] virginia [DOT] edu or post in this thread.

Time:

This tournament will be held on 19 February 2023 on Zoom, with Round 1 beginning at 10:00 am Eastern Time. More logistical information will be sent out as the tournament approaches.
Rules:

This tournament will use ACF’s gameplay rules, with their addenda for the inclusion of powermarks and any necessary modifications for online quizbowl.

Eligibility:

This tournament is open to all “open” players (that is, players not currently affiliated with any academic institution), as well as to any closed collegiate teams from MRNA II: The Second Dose host schools comprised of players who will staff or otherwise not play said institutions’ mirrors of MRNA II: The Second Dose. We anticipate having collegiate mirrors throughout the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom.

To register for this tournament, please email me at vef2jj [AT] virginia [DOT] edu with "MRNA Playtest" in the subject line.

I'll post a spreadsheet for team assembly/free agent sign up.

NOTE: You MUST email me to officially register for this tournament. If you do not email me, you will not be formally registered.

This tournament’s field will be capped at 12 teams.

Payment:

The fee for this tournament will be $80 per team. Payment by Venmo, Zello, or PayPal is preferred; if this does not work for you, please contact me and another form of payment can be arranged.

Code of Conduct:

The MRNA II: The Second Dose production team is committed to fostering a safe and welcoming environment for everyone. All players and staff will be required to affirm a Code of Conduct prior to this tournament in order to participate in it.
Last edited by meebles127 on Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Em Gunter
Club President, University of Virginia
Tournament Director, 2023 Chicago Open
Assistant Tournament Director, 2022 and 2023 ACF Nationals

Author of: My Guide to High School Outreach and So You Want to Buy a Buzzer System

"That's got to be one of the most useful skills anyone has ever gotten from quizbowl." -John Lawrence
meebles127
Tidus

Re: MRNA II: The Second Dose Playtest Mirror [19 February 2023]

Post by meebles127 »

Em Gunter

Author of: My Guide to High School Outreach and So You Want to Buy a Buzzer System

"That's got to be one of the most useful skills anyone has ever gotten from quizbowl." -John Lawrence
dni
Lulu

Post by dni »

meebles127 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:25 pm...as well as to any closed collegiate teams from MRNA II: The Second Dose host schools comprised of players who will staff or otherwise not play said institutions’ mirrors of MRNA II: The Second Dose. We anticipate having collegiate mirrors throughout the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom.
To clarify, does this mean students at host schools can only form teams with other students at their institution, or can they form teams with students at other host schools, or something else?
Dan Ni
Langley '19
Cornell '23
meebles127
Tidus

Post by meebles127 »

dni wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:56 pm
meebles127 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:25 pm...as well as to any closed collegiate teams from MRNA II: The Second Dose host schools comprised of players who will staff or otherwise not play said institutions’ mirrors of MRNA II: The Second Dose. We anticipate having collegiate mirrors throughout the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom.
To clarify, does this mean students at host schools can only form teams with other students at their institution, or can they form teams with students on other host school, or something else?
Up to you. I just copy pasted from an old announcement. I personally don't care who you play with if your school is hosting the set.
Em Gunter