2023 HSNCT Open Mirror @ Toronto (June 17-18)

This forum is for tournament announcements, updates, and results (official or otherwise).
benchapman
Lulu

2023 HSNCT Open Mirror @ Toronto (June 17-18)

Post by benchapman »

The University of Toronto Academic Trivia Club will be hosting our traditional 2-day open mirror of HSNCT on Saturday, June 17 and Sunday, June 18. I, Benjamin Chapman, will be the tournament director.

Logistics
The tournament will begin at 9:00 AM both days and will be held in a building TBD. Please arrive early, as we will be starting exactly at 9.

Fees and Registration
NOTE: THIS FEE IS PER DAY. If you want to play both days, you will have to pay both times, but if your team has played the first day, you will receive a discount for the second day.

Base fee: $120
Buzzer discount: -$10 per functioning set
Moderator discount: -$10 per functioning moderator + laptop
Buzzer anti-discount: +$30 if you tell us you’re bringing a buzzer set and then show up to the site with no set or an unusable set, barring extenuating circumstances.

Second-day fee: $80*

*This fee will apply to your team if you played the first day already. It cannot be combined with other discounts.

Please email me ([email protected]) to register with your roster and any discounts you will claim. Payment will be by e-transfer to [email protected]. If e-transfer doesn't work for you, message me and we can figure something out.

Here is a team formation sheet. Putting your name down here doesn't count as registering, you must email me to do so.

The registration deadline is Wednesday, June 14 at 11:59 PM.

Eligibility
This mirror is completely open, so anyone in good standing with the Canadian quizbowl community is eligible to play. You may register a team or register yourself as a free agent and we can help you find a team.

Mask Policy
Masks are required except when eating, drinking, or actively reading a match.

Field

Saturday:
Hey I'm Cameron, I thought you were American
les turbogénistes
3/7 of us have Lyme disease
Quizbowl Society and Its Future
Anchoring Bias
pretty girls in the back
McMacton Uniboxity
Waterloo C

Sunday:
Hey I'm Cameron, I thought you were American
les turbogénistes
3/7 of us has Lyme disease
Quizbowl Society and Its Future
pretty girls in the back
McMacton Uniboxity
All Quiet on the Watercress Front

If you have any questions about the tournament, please email me at [email protected].
Benjamin Chapman
Hunter College High School '21
University of Toronto '26
benchapman
Lulu

Re: 2023 HSNCT Open Mirror @ Toronto (June 17-18)

Post by benchapman »

Congratulations to "Hey I'm Cameron, I thought you were American" for clearing the field on Saturday and "3/7 of us have Lyme disease" for clearing the field on Sunday. Stats are available here.
Benjamin Chapman
Hunter College High School '21
University of Toronto '26