NAQT job posting: game-recording editor

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

NAQT job posting: game-recording editor

Post by Important Bird Area »

naqt.com wrote:NAQT is seeking a person or persons for the position of Game-Recording Editor. This is a paid position at NAQT’s standard hourly contractor rate of at least $20.90 per hour.

The Game-Recording Editor(s) will be responsible for editing NAQT’s audio recordings of games from our 2021, 2022, 2023, and future national championships for posting on NAQT’s website (and possibly elsewhere). This involves taking the raw audio files of gameplay and editing them to remove non-gameplay portions (e.g., cutting out pre-game matter, introductions, halftime, timeouts, post-game matter, etc.), minimizing background noise, boosting audio levels for quiet players, adding team intros and final scores in games in which the moderator doesn’t announce them, and other steps necessary to create clear, concise recordings of games at NAQT’s championships.

Candidates must be at least 18 years of age and have graduated from high school. Applicants may (but do not need to) be active as a player or coach of NAQT quiz bowl.

Candidates should email a statement of interest and résumé, indicating applicable experience in working with audio files, to [email protected] no later than July 31, 2023. Applications will be reviewed beginning June 15, 2023.
Full details
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred